5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day

5 Year Diary Living Well One Line A Day

Growing, learning, improving.. these are all things I’m constantly striving for.

I believe a big part of being your better self is self-reflection.

Self-reflection isn’t something I’m very good at, but I find when I take the time to think about my day, week, or month, it really allows me to identify what I’ve learnt, along with the ups and downs.

Without taking the time to process, I lose a lot of positive learnings as I simply forget them, or never even identify them.

I wanted to get better at this, so finally decided to invest in a 5 year diary.

5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day

A 5 year diary is exactly what it says on the tin.

A day with a page per day, split into 5 years allowing you to record a few lines each day. I’ve made a spot in my daily planner to spend 5 minutes a day thinking about the good things that have happened and recording them.

I’ll be updating it with things such as:

• The happiest moment of my day.
  • Something nice I did for someone else.
  • A new goal I want to set.
  • A goal I reached.
  • Something I’ve learnt.
  • A quote I love.

Slowly, this should turn into a book if inspiration for me to flick through when I’m not feeling great.

5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day 5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day 5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day 5 Year Diary // Living Well One Line A Day

Have you ever heard of a 5 year diary before?

They come in three different versions:

• Five Year Memory Book (blue)
  • Five Year Reflexion Book (yellow)
  • Mom’s Five Year Memory Book (purple)

You can get your own from Amazon by clicking one the affiliate links below:

1. December 29, 2015 / 8:36 am

I have heard of this diary. It is very interesting to keep it and to read back after a while!
    Darina recently posted…Christmas Diary 2015My Profile

2. December 29, 2015 / 8:47 am

I have the blue one for a year now, and I really enjoy it!

• Corinne
      Author
      December 30, 2015 / 10:29 pm

You should get one for yourself 🙂

3. December 29, 2015 / 9:50 am

I really want one of these, I’ve been looking at them for ages. I love the idea of looking back in 5 years time and seeing what I was like 5 years ago and how different things are!

4. December 29, 2015 / 9:51 am

This is a really good post considering people are beginning to think about New Year’s Resolutions. This time of year, many people are self-reflecting, but struggle to keep that up throughout the year(s). Hopefully just a little entry each day will allow you to maintain that, which would do sooooo good for your positivity.
    Katie recently posted…In Pictures: Another place, Crosby BeachMy Profile

• Corinne
      Author
      December 30, 2015 / 10:31 pm

Yeah I can’t wait to use it! I’ll probably won’t write in it daily though but I’m going to try at least a few times a week!

5. December 29, 2015 / 10:14 am

That is such a good idea. It would have been great as a gift for someone in my family, I might get it for another occasion. I have to say I would like one too.
    Anca recently posted…My 2015 by monthMy Profile

6. Jackie Harrison
    December 29, 2015 / 11:00 am

I like this book and the title great find doll.

7. December 29, 2015 / 11:01 am

I’ve wanted one of these for ages – it was on my Christmas wishlist but unfortunately Santa didn’t bring it this year. I might have to buy one for myself!

• Corinne
      Author
      December 30, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Maybe you should have been nicer 😉

8. December 29, 2015 / 1:01 pm

I love the idea of this, especially to look back on. I could never keep up with keeping a daily diary I don’t think so something a bit shorter sounds perfect.

Kristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com
    Kristy recently posted…Christmas 2015.My Profile

9. December 29, 2015 / 3:52 pm

I will definitely be ordering this today! So cool 🙂

• Corinne
      Author
      December 30, 2015 / 10:50 pm

Oh let me know how you get on with using it!

10. December 29, 2015 / 4:28 pm

I am about to start something really similar, its called ‘Q and A a Day’ and its for 5 years as well!

11. December 29, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I NEED THIS! I actually got a similar one (Q&A a day) for my bestfriend because she loves writing, so I thought why not. But I’ve wanted one for myself for a while. I need to check this bad boy out.

Ella x

• Corinne
      Author
      December 30, 2015 / 11:50 pm

Ohh that one sounds good, I’ll have to look it up.

12. December 29, 2015 / 8:28 pm

My sister and I were given 5 years diaries when she was about 16 and I was about 12 and I remember sneakily reading hers and then stupidly asking her why she didn’t like someone which she’d only mentioned in her diary- she instantly clocked I’d been at her diary! I’m not so good at keeping a diary nowadays but I like to think of my blog as that a bit! x
    Kezzie recently posted…A Christmas selection boxMy Profile

• Corinne
      Author
      December 31, 2015 / 12:46 am

haha oh dear, you’re a terrible sister 😉 (I would have done the same!)

13. December 29, 2015 / 8:44 pm

I have the blue 5 Year Memory Book and have almost completed my first full year of filling it in! It’s fantastic, it stops me from waffling on, and will be a great way to look back on how things have changed (hopefully for the better) as time goes on. Sometimes the problem is forgetting to fill it in for a few days then trying to remember the highlights/important things later on!

Sometimes I don’t know what to write and wonder if I should have got the 5 year q&a book!

Sarah recently posted…2016 GoalsMy Profile

• Corinne
      Author
      December 31, 2015 / 12:46 am

You’re the second person to talk about the Q&A book now! I need to look into it!

14. December 30, 2015 / 4:54 am

This looks yummy for my stationary addiction, One downside, I’m rubbish at keeping diaries. I write in them for a few days, get bored and give up. I like the thought of just needing a couple of lines per day as well as being able to look back at previous years and seeing how far you’ve come. Why don’t you do a follow-up post in 6 months time so you can show us how it’s going? Cx

• Corinne
      Author
      December 31, 2015 / 12:45 am

I will do if I keep up with it! It would be so cool if I kept it up and could blog about it in 5 years when it’s done!

15. December 30, 2015 / 7:34 am

Sounds cool! Never heard of it before. Although I do know a journal here called A Line A Day but not for 5 years. Wishing you all the best! 😉

16. December 30, 2015 / 7:44 am

This looks amazing – I’m going to buy one today – what a lovely idea! x

17. December 30, 2015 / 10:13 am

Aww this is such a lovely book! I had no idea this existed! I was bought two diaries for 2015 and I used one to record one (or sometimes two!) thing that happened every day of the year. It’s so sweet to look back on all the things that happened because I’d forgotten so much of it, especially the small things. It also made me realise that my sense of time is terrible – my memory’s all in the wrong order!!

Jodie x
    alajode.com

18. December 30, 2015 / 1:13 pm

A great idea I would never find the time to fill it in though. A few years ago as a gift we gave the life diary which is an opportunity for those in your life to share things that you may not know as a means of passing information on. Good luck filling it in Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Birth StoryMy Profile

19. December 30, 2015 / 3:23 pm

Oh I got the blue one a couple of years ago and only managed a couple of months before I forgot about it. So hard to keep up, but I imagine very rewarding once it’s finished and you can read back!
    Katie recently posted…What Happened in 2015?My Profile

• Corinne
      Author
      December 31, 2015 / 12:44 am

I hope I can keep up with it!

20. December 30, 2015 / 11:41 pm

I love the idea of these 5 year diaries! It must be lovely to be able to look back and see how things have changed! x

21. January 3, 2016 / 6:00 pm

Oh that’s a really cool idea! It’s all too easy to get caught up and not give the positives or the lessons a thought. This sounds like a great way to reflect on those each day, and into the future. I might be investing in one of these come pay day!
    Aimee recently posted…Meet my January advertisers!My Profile

22. January 3, 2016 / 6:08 pm

I have these in blue.. I just finished my first five year in 2015. Sad to see one of the journals come to an end.. i will no longer be able to look back at the days of previous years but excited to start a new one.
    hena tayeb recently posted…Happy HolidaysMy Profile

23. January 5, 2016 / 6:33 am

I’ve only seen a 3-year diary back in my place. I told myself I’d get one for Christmas but I only remembered it now. The problem is, I’m on a shopping ban. Still, I’m getting myself one of these when the ban is over.