Peppadew Picante Chillis
Puff Pastry (we used a ready made block)
Green Pesto (vegetarian)
Cheddar Cheese (or Parmesan)
Ceramic Baking Beads
- Chop up the baby tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
- Remember you got an amazing jar of Peppadew’s Piquante Peppers in your Degustabox.
- Open the jar then discover and be surprised by the wonderful draining cap!
- Chop up 6 Peppardew Piquante Peppers and put them with the tomatoes.
- Get the puff pastry block, dust your surface with flour and roll the pastry out.
- Lay the pastry in your backing tray and fold the edges over.
- Mix one egg in a bowl and then glaze over the edges to give a ‘glazed pastry’ appearance when cooked.
- Stab the pastry with a fork while thinking of your ex.
- Make your Lilly hold it while you take blog photos.
- Get excited when Lilly says ‘we’re going to use the ceramic balls! You’ll finally see them in action!
- Listen to Lilly explain that they weigh the pastry down while it starts to cook.
- Put a sheet of greaseproof paper on the pastry.
- Pour those balls in!
- Place in pre-heated oven.
- After 10 minutes in the oven on 180C or gas mark 5, take out.
- Spread green pesto over the pastry
- Add the chopped tomatoes, picante peppers, sun dried tomatoes.
- Chop 3-4 spring onions and add sprinkle them on top.
- Season with fresh basil, dried rosemary.
- Have your Lilly hold it so you can take blog photos.
- Place in the oven for a further 10 minutes
- Add grated cheddar cheese.
- Consider using parmesan in place of cheddar if you don’t have a pregnant friend.
- Hope your pregnant friends baby is a girl. PLEASE BE A GIRL.
- Take out after 5 minutes or when the pastry is a deep golden brown.
- Make your Lilly hold it while you take more blog photos.
- Cut into 9 pieces.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over them.
- Display on a pizza board.
- Make everybody wait until you have taken a photo before they take a slice.
- Tuck in.
I can’t even begin to tell you have yummy this was! The picante peppers gave it the perfect kick and I would love to try this with different toppings.
You could pretty much put anything on the top, I would love to try one with mushrooms, sweetcorn, bell peppers and pepperoni! Yum.
What would you put on yours?
This post was inspired by the Peppadew Picante Peppers I got in my Degustabox. To see what else I got, see this post.