Are you getting excited your holiday? Did you know that only 31% of people get excited when packing for their holiday? And 1 in 3 women worry about their weight every day they’re on holiday?
Not cool, man.
Holidays should be exciting from the moment they’re booked, even more so when you’re packing. They should also be a time of feeling free and not caring about how you look. I mean, it’s nice to look and feel nice when you’re away, but you should be able to lunch around the pool with no makeup on without feeling self-conscious in a swim suit.
You don’t work hard all year around to afford a holiday, to feel naff about yourself the whole time your away!
The #HolidayHype campaign is all about encouraging people to get excited for their jollies and sharing the way they get excited while prepping for their holiday across social media with the #HolidayHype blog post.
When I go on holiday, I hype it up in several ways:
Getting excited for a holiday
- Count down how many shifts left at work until my holiday.
- Buy holiday clothes and blog my haul of them!
- Write a list of everything I need to take with me.
- Load the place I’m going onto my ‘Weather’ app and check it daily.
- Start a Facebook group chat with the people I’m going to share the excitement.
- Put a link to my hotel in my book marks and stalk the photos obsessively.
- Make a playlist of holiday songs that remind me for previous trips – who else has ONE song from each holiday that is constantly played while away and brings back the memories when you come back?
I think the funniest way I prep has to be the Facebook chat. When I was going to Florida, we had one between the four of us. When I went to Cyprus with my family and some friends we had a massive chat, there were about 10 of us and it was great because not everyone had met each other.
Every time one of us got excited, we could share it with everyone else and we would all get chatting about the holiday and it really made the build-up massive – my brother had the app on his phone that counted down the holiday and sent screenshots every day, one of the guys went a week before us and sent us photos and told us the temperature – I’d recommend this totally if you’re going with a group of people!
How do you hype up your holiday? Be sure to share your favourite ways of getting using the #HolidayHype hashtag!
Oh, and all the photos are from my last holiday to Cyprus. And that’s me in the air. Amazing holiday that I was so excited for!