Posted on March 25, 2015

The Body Shop Drops of Youth

misc

The Body Shop Drops of Youth

Ahh, drops of youth. Doesn’t it just sound amazing? It’s almost magical. Like a potion out of a story that promises to take years off your life.

The drops of youth bouncy sleeping mask has always appealed to me. I love the name, I love the packaging and because it’s quite a bit more expensive than most skincare products from The Body Shop – it must be brilliant, right?

Though I must admit, it’s not something I was willing to splash out on. I was sent this when I was asked to review The Body Shop’s new Poppy Seed range. Happy days!

The Body Shop Drops of Youth

So, the bouncy sleeping mask is to be used before or after serum before bed. I’ve been using this after cleansing with nothing else. Though I’ve heard of people using it on top of moisturiser, I don’t feel like that’s needed.

The mask contains Edelweiss stem cells and is supposed to nourish your skin over night, leaving it looking fresh, brighter and younger.

I was a bit of a skeptic at first. It did have the potential to be one of those products that you expect to be amazing, but turns out to be just a tub of wank. Not literally. I hope. Kinda like the Alpha H Liquid Gold which held so much promise (but in the end I just felt like I was putting nail varnish remover on my skin).

I paid like fifty quid for that bottle if shit, too. Not impressed.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth

This mask is described as bouncy. And it is! It’s a bizarre consistency. It’s like jelly. You can tap it and it wobbles.

There is a scoop in the box to help you get the product out, but I find getting a small amount out with my fingers does the trick.

As soon as you get it out, it starts to liquify. It’s as if your body heat triggers it to melt, then you can apply it into your face like a cream.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth

I’ve fallen in love with this. I didn’t think I would, I’ve become a skeptic as the majority of products I’ve been trying lately have been a let down. But this has become something I’m turning to almost every evening. My skin just feels healthier and fresher in the morning.

And it’s not triggered any breakouts! Woo!

If your skin looks a bit dull and tired, you should give this a go. I could see and feel the different after just one use. Though it’s expensive for a small pot, it is 90ml and you don’t need much. I’d expect to get about 3 months out of this at least!

It’s not made any difference to scars or pore size, but it doesn’t claim to. It also does feel a bit tacky in your skin for while, so you might want to put it on 30 minutes or so before you go to bed.

Have you any tried any of the drops of youth range?

Untitled3 (1)This post contains an affiliate link, which means I may earn a small amount of money if decide to give this product a go.

• Reply KizzyDoll March 25, 2015 at 7:40 am

Hmmm…never seen this before, but I’d give it a try, not sure if I’d pay that though, but maybe 🙂 Great review doll x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…{The Powder Room} Archipelago Botanicals Oat lotion milkMy Profile

• Reply cvetybaby March 25, 2015 at 9:16 am

This is a new for me! Thanks for sharing! I love The body shop, but I’m not sure this is available here..
    Have a nice day!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    cvetybaby recently posted…Take Care of Your SmileMy Profile

• Reply Beauty Follower March 25, 2015 at 10:13 am

Interesting… i am gong to have a look at a BS store soon 😉

Beauty Follower recently posted…OLD BUILDINGS in ATHENS: The University & National Library at Panepistimiou StreetMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison March 25, 2015 at 10:30 am

This product sound amazing I had not try it but want to.

• Reply Candice March 25, 2015 at 11:09 am

Definitely need to try this

CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES
    ♡♡♡

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist March 25, 2015 at 11:15 am

I bought Alpha H recently on the recommendation of a friend and wasn’t convinced either. This sounds interesting and I love the name!
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted…Hall Place and the Queen’s BeastsMy Profile

• Reply Georgiana March 25, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I am a big fan of the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop, I haven`t tried this before, but sounds great. I can`t believe you paid that much for a rubbish product, I feel your pain. I once paid 35 pounds for a cleanser and had a really bad breakout that lasted for a week.
    Georgiana recently posted…The DOES WONDERS concealer – Collection 2000My Profile

• Reply Kelsey&Kenecha March 25, 2015 at 12:28 pm

This sounds amazing and I would love to try this. Plus it doesn’t cause breakouts that is another major +!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• Reply Hayley March 25, 2015 at 12:47 pm

I have tried a few things from the Drops of Youth range and loved them, I have been wondering about this and I am a little skeptical

Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

• Reply melianachen March 25, 2015 at 1:06 pm

looks interesting! gonna try it soon <3

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves March 25, 2015 at 1:30 pm

This product has a great name! Bouncy creams started out of Asia and I find their consistency fascinating.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Through My Lens : RanunculusMy Profile

• Reply Tyana March 25, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Love this, looks so nice

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    Tyana recently posted…OOTD | | | Chain GangMy Profile

• Reply Melanie March 25, 2015 at 4:01 pm

This stuff looks cool! I want to try it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com
    Melanie recently posted…Travel Photography TipsMy Profile

• Reply Liakada Travel March 25, 2015 at 5:14 pm

This product looks interesting, I am always worried about any youth enhancing creams and breakouts.. my skin can be a little too youthful at times! It’s great that it didn’t cause you any breakouts though!

Ash | Liakada Travel

• Reply Oksana March 25, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Wow! Drops of Youth?! I’d love to try it)) Thanks for sharing Corinne!
    Oksana recently posted…Отзыв: Волшебные процедуры омоложения кожи. Мезороллеры.My Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt March 25, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I have something similar from Olay and only started using it recently even though I bought it a year or so ago. I’m terrible.

This sounds really promising, Corinne, will pick this up to try once my Olay runs out.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…REVIEW: Annabelle SKINTRUE Natural Lightweight Makeup (Medium Beige)My Profile

• Reply Lucy March 25, 2015 at 8:45 pm

This sounds interesting I love the name. I really want to give this a go especially if it is moisturising without the spots Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…National Butcher’s WeekMy Profile

• Reply Lucy March 31, 2015 at 9:30 pm

I have since bought this and been using for about a week, my skin is definitely in better condition. It has got rid of my dry areas and skin looks brighter Lucy x

• Reply Corinne March 31, 2015 at 9:31 pm

I’m glad you like it, I’m still using it daily too 🙂

• Reply Say Cheesy Cake (@saycheesycake) March 25, 2015 at 9:53 pm

This mask sounds like a dream starting off with its name! thanks for introducing us to this product Corinne.

Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin
    Say Cheesy Cake (@saycheesycake) recently posted…Instanatural Vitamin C Serum | Wellness WednesdayMy Profile

• Reply Magda March 25, 2015 at 10:40 pm

oh yes, it sounds amazing! pure magic haha I have to try it out one day 🙂

xoxo

• Reply Arianne March 26, 2015 at 4:19 am

Never thought of trying this really. I just like the Aloe range, if anything, because it’s the most natural and has the least ingredients that I’ve found. I’ve also found that the Aloe range means there usually isn’t any parabens in the products.
    Arianne recently posted…Life/Food: A Day Out With Friends, Part 1My Profile

• Reply Tina March 26, 2015 at 6:05 am

oOo I want to try this! I love Body Shop products!

Tina
    Tina recently posted…Polished: Pink Waffle Sweater and White JeansMy Profile

• Reply Bad Taste Toast March 26, 2015 at 7:00 am

Sounds pretty good to me! And my skin has been a bit tired and dull lately/ I have to find out if Body Shop sells it here in Australia and then go and have a look in the store. Thanks for the review! 🙂

• Reply Kimberly March 26, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I am definitely going to have to try this stuff out, I feel like my skin has lost it’s sparkle (no I am not a vampire from twilight) and I need a pick me up for it.
    Kimberly recently posted…Wet n’ Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara ReviewMy Profile

• Reply Sarah March 31, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I’ve been using the Drops of Youth Concentrated Serum and it’s OK. I did mention it in my monthly favourites as it’s a nice product to use, but I’m not seeing anything too dramatic except for a slightly excessive oily sheen when I use it during the day :/ bugger.

I had a little play withe the bouncy mask and it’s exactly like jelly, the consistency is bizarre! Very much like their bath jelly!

Sarah recently posted…March Favourites 2015My Profile