The Tonies Toniebox provides hours of fun for little ones, however, let’s make sure it doesn’t take you hours to figure out how to set it up!
I’ve teamed up with Natural Baby Shower to bring you the instructions first-hand from the creators of the Toniebox so you can gift away this Christmas and beyond knowing it’s ready for playtime.
Here’s how to set up the Toniebox…
What is the Tonies Toniebox?
As one of the top toys for little ones, the Toniebox is adored by millions of families which is why you’re probably on the hunt for one yourself. However, if
you’re yet to know all that the Toniebox has to offer, let’s recap so you can shop with confidence.
The Toniebox is the ultimate portable, easy-to-use audio player. It can play music and share stories from your favourite characters with just a squeeze of an ear and connect via magnetic points on the top of the cube.
Providing hours of screen-free entertainment, the Toniebox can help little ones learn, play, sing and drift off to sleep thanks to a varied collection of decorated characters. You can even select Creative Tonies characters that let you record your own stories or audio segments!
The Toniebox is designed for children aged 3 years and up however data from Tonies found that the Toniebox is used up to 148 times more than any other toy! It’s why the Toniebox is often loved for many years to come.
A special Tonies gift this Christmas
The joy of singing together during Christmas time can lift everyone’s spirits and create unforgettable memories as a family. And with the Tonies Favourite Children’s Songs and Carols character, you and your little one can take musical moments to a whole new level!
This delightful Christmas-loving penguin magnetically attaches to your Toniebox, transforming it into a musical wonderland for the festive season. Whether it’s your child’s solo performance or a family ensemble, this Tonie character brings a joyous vibe to your home with a selection of 20 traditional Christmas carols and favourite festive songs.
Christmas classics like ‘Deck the Halls,’ ‘Frosty The Snowman,’ ‘Silent Night,’ ‘Christmas is Coming,’ ‘Let it Snow,’ ‘Winter Wonderland,’ ‘Jingle Bells,’ and ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas.’ will make this year a winter wonderland of musical delight that’s just a Toniebox away.
How to set up my Toniebox?
Some things to consider before you set up is you need the mytonies app which you can download on your phone.
Also, you will need a 2.4GHz WiFi connection, your Toniebox, and the Toniebox Charging Station.
Don’t worry, while it may look like a lot of steps it should only take a few minutes!
Setting up your Toniebox via the mytonies app
1. Download the mytonies app from the App Store (iPhone) or the Google Play Store (Android).
2. Open the mytonies app and login or create your free Tonie-Account if you don’t already have one. Once you are logged in, tap the Tonieboxes tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the red plus sign to add the Toniebox and start the setup process. Make sure you have access to a 2.4GHz WiFi connection, your Toniebox, and the Toniebox Charging Station. Once you are ready, select Start Now.
4. Enter your Toniebox ID. This is an 8 digit ID number that can be found on the bottom of your Toniebox. (Make sure the Toniebox is not on the charger or you will not be able to see the Toniebox ID). Once you have entered your Toniebox ID, tap Continue.
5. Next, place the Toniebox on the charger to turn it on. Then pinch both ears for about 5 seconds until you hear an audio chime and the LED begins to flash blue. Wait for about 20 seconds until you hear a second audio chime. Then tap Continue.
6. Here you can choose a name for your Toniebox. Once you have entered a name, tap Complete.
7. Now you will connect to your 2.4GHz WiFi. This process will vary slightly depending on which smartphone you are using, iPhone or Android. To connect to WiFi, your Toniebox will attempt to pair to your smartphone.
You want to make sure to allow this as it is an important step to complete the WiFi connection process. (You will see a different message depending on whether you are using an iPhone or an Android smartphone.)
8. Continue to wait while your Toniebox continues the connection process which may take a minute or two. Once your Toniebox is finished connecting to your WiFi and downloading any necessary updates, you will hear a welcome message and see ‘Congratulations, you are a Tonie hero!’ on your screen. The Toniebox LED light should also now be solid green.
How to download a character?
Now your Toniebox is all setup and ready for some Tonies fun! Next thing you might want to know is how to set up all the likely characters they’ll collect.
To download content from a character…
- Place a Tonie character on the Toniebox which should almost ‘snap’ onto the top of the box.
- Waitamomentwhileitdownloadsitscontent,theLEDwillbegin blinking blue.
- OnceyourTonieisfinisheddownloadingallofitscontent,theLEDon the Toniebox will change to solid green and an audio chime will play.
Now your Tonie is downloaded it can play even without a WiFi connection!
If you run into any issues during setup Tonies are on hand to help! You can send a message via the Tonies website or get in touch with Natural Baby Shower to have your query passed on.
More from the Toniebox
The Toniebox can be personalised to suit your little listener, whether that’s with characters, colours or accessories. That’s why Natural Baby Shower stock lots of the Tonies collection, including starter bundle sets which helps set you up with some essential Tonies accessories from day one!