I don’t know why I always feel compelled to blog about it when I buy a new make-up remover.
I think it’s because I didn’t use one for so long, and then when I tried Rimmel’s make-up remover and was surprised with how quickly it removed my waterproof mascara and eyeliner!
Then I tried Bourjois and was disappointed. So the quest was set to do my own investigating into finding the perfect make-up remover!
About Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover
Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover is a popular product that claims to effectively remove even waterproof makeup without causing any irritation to the eyes. The product comes in a 125 ml bottle and is formulated with a two-phase solution that works by gently dissolving makeup and impurities, leaving your skin clean and refreshed.
One of the unique features of Nivea Double Effects Eye Makeup Remover is that it contains a blend of natural ingredients such as cornflower extract and aloe vera that help to soothe and nourish the delicate skin around your eyes. This makes it a great choice for those with sensitive skin.
In terms of performance, the majority of users find that Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover works well to remove even stubborn makeup without requiring too much effort and it doesn’t leave traces of oil behind.
- Dual-Phase Formula: The “double effect” aspect usually refers to the dual-phase formula of the makeup remover. This means the product consists of two separate phases – an oil-based phase and a water-based phase. These phases work together to effectively break down and remove various types of eye makeup, including waterproof mascara and long-lasting eyeliners.
- Gentle Yet Effective: The formula is often designed to be gentle on the sensitive skin around the eyes while still being powerful enough to remove even stubborn makeup without excessive rubbing or tugging.
- Bi-Phase Usage: To use the product, you typically need to shake the bottle well to mix the oil and water phases. Then, you can apply a small amount of the product onto a cotton pad and gently press it onto your closed eyelids. This allows the product to dissolve and lift away the makeup without causing irritation.
- Hydration: Some dual-phase makeup removers, like the Nivea Double Effect, may also contain ingredients that help to hydrate and nourish the delicate eye area while removing makeup. The oil phase can provide a touch of hydration, leaving the skin around the eyes feeling softer and smoother.
- Suitable for Sensitive Skin: Nivea products are often known for being suitable for sensitive skin types, and the Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover is likely formulated with this consideration in mind.
I went for Nivea’s double effect eye make-up remover because it was both cheap and Nivea tends to have quite good skin care.
What it claims to do:
It claims to remove even waterproof mascara and leave the eye cleansed and free from oil. You don’t need to rub hard to remove make-up, therefore it won’t cause damage to your eyelashes.
Aqua Isododecane Isopropyl Palmitate Dimethicone Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract Sodium Chloride Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside Trisodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Benzethonium Chloride CI 60725 CI 61565
My Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover Review
This stuff works, but it’s not quite as good as Rimmel’s.
It’s a shake-to-activate formula, where you have to shake it every time before you use it to mix the product together. I’m not really a fan of this because I find it a bit of a waste of time. I know you’re probably thinking COME ON CORINNE. It only takes 5 seconds to shake shake shake shake-a shake it, but, it’s a hassle I can’t be having right before bedtime. #brat.
It’s cheap, it works, but I wouldn’t buy it again.
What’s your favourite make-up remover?