Must Have WordPress plugins

Must Have WordPress plugins

It’s been a while since I wrote a post on WordPress Plugins – I wanted to share with you my current to plugins that I would recommend anyone with WordPress install.

There are loads of plugins and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and be unsure where to start. So let’s start with my¬†favourites!

Must Have WordPress plugins

Akismet Anti-Spam

I get hundreds of spam comments a day! Thankfully Akismet flags 99% of them for me and throws them straight into spam. The other 1% go into the ‘pending’ section of my comments where I have to manually decline or remove them.

I didn’t have this when I first got WordPress and I spent ages manually deleting comments!

Classic Editor.

I really dislike the new Gutenberg editor. I spent hours writing my first post on it because it was so slow and unstable! I am sure in time it will become more reliable to use as more and more updates come up, but until then I have installed the Classic Editor plugin that allows me to write posts the old fashioned way!

Custom 404 Pro.

Replace your 404 error page with something – either create your own ‘something went wrong’ page when a link doesn’t work or divert the traffic to somewhere else. All mine go to my blog resource page. It looks much more professional than a default 404 page!

Public Post Preview

This allows you to send a preview of a post to someone before it is live. A great way to send a post to a brand or PR before it’s published for them to check they are happy with it!

reSmush.it Optimizer.

Make your page load faster with smaller image sizes. The best thing about this plugin is that it can smush all your old photos, too, without having to go back and manually do it!

Schema App Structured Data

Schema makeup can seem complicated, but make it simple with this plugin. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, visit this post for more information on Structured Data.

WP Google Fonts

Google Fonts is a way you can customise your site a little more. You might have a Pipdig plugin like everyone else (lol) and want to make it a tiny bit different – change your font into something a bit more ‘you’!

Follow:

2 Comments

  1. February 17, 2019 / 5:38 pm

    Just getting the hang of the new Gutenberg but it has its teething problems! I will try the Classic plugin. Thanks xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sign up to my newsletter for great content direct to your inbox!