I did of those quizzes the other day that tells you your carbon footprint. Mine was pretty bad because I commute 8 hours a week in the car and in the past year I’ve flown to Australia and Zante. I wasn’t too bad on the other sections, but you can always do more.
I think most of us want to help sustain our earth. We have done most of the damage, after all. So here are some dead easy things you can do to help save our planet!
- Turn the tap off when you brush your teeth rather than leaving it running the whole time.
- Don’t buy bottled water – use a bottle you can refill.
- If your toilet has the option – use the half flush button.
- Donate food you don’t use to food banks.
- Walk where you can – we walk a mile into York rather than getting a taxi or driving!
- Turn lights off when you’re not in the room.
- Unplug things rather than keeping them on standby.
- Ensure your car tyres are fully inflated to reduce fuel consumption.
- Waste less food by planning meals.
- Create meals from what you already have in the fridge.
- Cook meals in bulk and freeze them.
- Buy loose fruit and veg to avoid packaging.
- Understand what plastic you can recycle and what you can’t.
- Avoid buying products that use plastic you can’t recycle.
- Bring your own bags to the supermarket – I always keep them in my car so I don’t forget.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Avoid products with palm oil
- Do all your chores in one run – I go to the supermarket next to my gym after I’ve been to the gym to save on travel and time.
What do you do to save the planet?