Something sad happened to me last week. My faithful GHDs died.
In 2011 or 2012, our house got burgled. Dirty scrubbers nicked my pink GHDs. I hate them (the scrubbers, not the pink GHDs). So I had to buy some new ones. They’ve been all over the world with me since we were united back in the day. Florida, Australia, Greece, Prague, Cyprus, London, Paris. They treated me well. But after 6 years of faithful service, when I turned them on last week they beeped every second, the right light flashed in crisis and they didn’t warm up.
I guess it was time to move on.
Because my hair is basically a massive bush, I decided to invest in some of the GHD max straighteners instead of the original styler. They have wider plates making it perfect for long thick hair like mine. For some reason, I was a bit apprehensive and worried they wouldn’t do as good a job.
I didn’t have to worry, though, they are amazing.
They straightened my hair twice as fast as the normal stylers. Which is great because I hate having to spend ages sorting my hair out. To get my hair as straight with the normal ones, I have to spend ages pulling bits through slowly.
- Advanced ceramic heat technology: for improved styling
- Optimum styling temperature of 185°C: any hotter damages the hair, any cooler and the result is compromised.
- Smooth, contoured floating plates: glide through hair for quick, frizz-free styling and enhanced salon shine.
- Broad rounded barrel: for versatile, snag-free styling on longer hair.
- Dimensions: body length – 263mm, plate length – 85mm, plate width – 50.8mm
- Heat resistant protective plate guard: take your style and your styler wherever you want.
- Automatic sleep mode: switches off if not used for 30 minutes.
- Universal voltage: for outstanding performance wherever you are in the world.
- Professional length 2.7m cable
- 30 second heat up time: for quick and easy styling
I can’t believe I didn’t try these sooner. If you have thick, long hair, make these your next purchase!