When I was little, I couldn’t wait to be an independent adult. I always hated being bossed about and told what to do. I dreamed of freedom.
I didn’t know this at the time, but with such freedom comes responsibility. You have choices that you have to make all on your own.
You can pick the easy option and struggle later. You can pick the sensible option and reap the rewards. I’m definitely deeply emerged in the instant in the instant gratification culture.
This means I don’t think about future Corinne. Just current Corinne.
So here are some of the things I do (or don’t do) and then regret later.
- I don’t put my laptop on charge because it’s a whole room away.
- I drink just a glass of wine which turns into half a bottle and have work at 8am.
- I leave washing in the machine too long.
- I leave washing up until the next morning.
- I go for a run at midday instead of 10am like planned.
- I skip the gym and play XBox instead.
- I opt for a bacon butty instead of fruit for breakfast.
- I wash my hair and don’t straighten it until the morning and then I’m late for work.
- I watch an extra episode of Jane The Virgin instead of going to bed at 10pm.
- Wash my bedsheets but don’t put the clean set on until bedtime.
- I play Candy Crush instead of taking blog pictures.
- I can’t be arsed to go to the Post Office to pick up a parcel and have to get up early on my day off.
I’d love to end this post by saying I’m going to change these things. But to be honest, I don’t think I will.
What things do you do but regret later?