There’s been an influx of people wanting to move their blog over to self-hosted WordPress. As I’ve been looking for a topic to base another blog course on, I thought this would be perfect.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be guiding you through everything you need to know about setting up WordPress.
Here are some of the things we’ll be covering:
- Why move to WordPress?
- Which hosting package is right for me?
- How do I import my previous blog posts?
- How to I set up a URL?
- How do I point my current URL to my WordPress blog?
- Where can I find a theme I love?
- How can I create my own header, graphics?
- How can I customise my blog?
- What Plugins should I get?
- WordPress shortcuts, tips and tricks.
A lot of people do sell their services to migrate your blog for you, but this comes with a hefty price tag. I successfully moved two of my blogs from Blogger to WordPress just by spending a bit of time researching.
In this course, I’ll be doing the hard work for you to either explain exactly what you need to do or link you to the correct resources that will help you do it in just one night.
It’s completely free and all I ask is if you like the course, please share it with your friends or across social media.
In the meantime, check out my previous two blog courses: