Last week I posted about blogging tasks you can do when you have 5 minutes to spare, now I wanted to write a similar post about tasks you can do at home when you have 5 minutes to spare.
As I live on my own, it means I have to do all the cleaning. It can seem like a big task, to clean your house. But I tend to do my cleaning in bits so I don’t have to spend hours on it.
Having a clean flat is great for me mentally. It makes me feel much more productive and there’s nothing worse to coming home after a long day at work to a messy kitchen and a dirty kitchen. It makes me feel really uninspired to do anything.
Here are some things I do when I have a few minutes to spare.
- Wash the pots.
- Clean the hobs.
- Go into a room and pick up everything on the floor and put it away.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Take washing off the airer and put it away.
- Put a load of washing in.
- Iron a few work shirts.
- Change my bed sheets.
- Tidy my desk.
- Throw out any old or out of date food in the fridge.
- Put the dishes away.
- Sweep the kitchen and bathroom floor.
- Sort out the letters and throw away the junk mail.
- Put sink and drain unblocker down all the plug holes.
- Clean the glass in the shower.
- Throw away any empty shampoo or bottles in the bathroom.
- Organise my makeup.
- Straighten the shoes on the shoe rack.
- Empty my handbag and throw away all the crap I don’t need.
- Organise my purse.
- Clean the kitchen sides.
- Hoover the living room.
- Organise a messy drawer.
- Take the cushions of the sofa and give it a hoover.
How many of these tasks do you think you could get done in 5 minutes?
If you like what you see, please sign up to my newsletter below and follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin so you don’t miss out on updates!