I’m been over two weeks now since I moved into my new flat.
It’s a scary thing to take that step on your own. I’m a very independent person, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t worried. After living with friends for 10 years, there’s a sense of security there. Like when a light bulb goes or there’s a spider. Or the time or roof caved in or the time the door lock broke leaving me trapped inside the house and Christine trapped outside. I had to squeeze her through my bedroom window because she really needed a pee.
(woah, they are OLD posts).
When these things happen and there’s someone there, you can see the funny side.
But if I was on my own, I’d probably cry.
But apart from a bit of fear around that, I’ve not regretted living alone at all.
Here are some of the best things about it:
- I can walk around naked. I spend half my life now in my underwear as it’s been so hot. Fabulous.
- I can wee with the toilet door open.
- If I’m watching TV and get tired, I can nap on the sofa without fear of being caught.
- I can also pass out on my sofa when I’m drunk. Yes, this happened.
- I can sleep during the day without being woken up. Not that I usually sleep during the day, but I’ve been on nights so that’s been pretty fantastic.
- I can use the bathroom when I want. I have a bad habit of procrastinating. So I’ll be thinking about going in the shower or going to the toilet for ages, until the point where I’m almost weeing myself. But then sods law comes into play and a housemate goes to the bathroom the second before I was about to get up.
- This also applies to using the washing machine and kitchen.
- I can leave my towels in the bathroom rather than hanging them on my wardrobe door.
- I can leave my stuff anywhere. Although I’ve been really good at keeping the place clean!
- I can vlog! I used to get really scared of vlogging in my old house in case someone heard me. Now I’m like vlogvlogvlogvlogvlog.
- I can have a bloggers cheese nightttt which I’m having this Friday.
Do you live alone? What do you think the best parts of it are?
If you like what you see, please sign up to my newsletter below and follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin so you don’t miss out on updates!