After the joke that was the April Glossybox, which I dubbed the WANKEST BOX EVER, it got me thinking about products that make me sigh when I see them in subscription boxes.
Of course, some of these are personal preference. You can’t please everyone – but there are just some products that I can’t stand to see in beauty boxes.
If I was to make my own box, these are the products you would never see in them.
- Boring/neutral nail varnish. I don’t mind getting nail varnish in a box, but I always seem to end up with nudes or browns. Send nudez. Wait, I mean send me something different, like a bright orange, or glittery purple. Not something I probably already have!
- Lipgloss. How many people do you know that hate lipgloss? It’s sticky, your hair gets caught in it and you feel too old for it when you turn around 16. Lipgloss is like lipstick for 14 year olds and it’s not often I see people say they actually like it! LEAVE IT OUT, MATE <– say this in a London accent when reading please.
- Sachets of product. Unless it’s a face mask, I don’t want to see no sachets in my box *sassy finger snap*. Samples are fine, but I need to get a few uses out of them to get a feel of a product. How do I know if I’m going to like a face cream after one use? I’M NOT. GET THAT SHIT AWAY FROM MEEE.
- Hand cream. Hand cream is so boring. There’s nothing fun about it at all. I have more fun brushing my teeth.
- Body lotion. As above. I find nothing more boring than body lotion. It don’t really class it as a beauty product. It’s more like hand wash or soap. Just boring essentials.
- Temporary tattoos. I’m not 12. I’m also not a 18 year old festival goer that wants to wear a golden tattoo on my flat abs while sporting a floral crown wearing shorts and a crop top. Just no.
- First chapter of a book. I can’t tell you about how mad I still am about this. Almost 2 years ago I got a chapter of a book in a Birchbox. I wanted to burn it. THE FIRST CHAPTER OF A BOOK WHAT IS THIS? If I wanted to read the first part of a book, I could just download the preview from iBooks like did with Girl Online. Just for the LOLz.
I kind of want to say perfume. But that’s more because I can’t be trusted with it. If I smell a perfume I love, I WILL BUY IT.
Stay turned, as I’ll be posting a similar post of the type of products I would include if I created my own beauty box.
Now tell me what products you would never put in your box. Oh-er.