#socialbloggers 54 // Sharable Content

sharablecontent

Having your content shared across Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and on other blogs is probably one of most satisfying, flattering thing that can happen to you.

For a post to create aย emotion or reaction so strong that a reader shares itย is a pretty good feeling.

Oh, it’s great for traffic too. And you might bag yourself a few extra readers.

While adding widgets and plugins to make it easier to share you posts, like the DiggDigg one I have to the left of the post, or the pin it button at the bottom, there’s other ways to make your content sharable.

Such as a clever or dramatic title. An interesting lead photo or if you’re able to make the actual post itself really hit home with your readers.

If it’s relatable, brings nostalgia, makes you nod and say ‘yes, I totally do that, too!’, makes you laugh or teaches you something new, it’s much more likely to be shared.

Have a look at how other bloggers make their content sharable and what encourages them to share other’s content.

Oh, and don’t forget to share this post ๐Ÿ˜‰ย

Q1: Do you try to make your content sharable? How?

Q2: Do you use widgets/plugins to help people share your posts?

Q3: Would you write a controversial post to get shares?

Q4: What makes you share a post on your social media/blog?

Q5: Have you ever had a post thatโ€™s got lotโ€™s of shares?

Untitled3 (1)

1. Candice
    March 9, 2015 / 9:39 am

I always share every post on all social media platforms

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    โ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅ

2. Jackie Harrison
    March 9, 2015 / 10:23 am

I try to remember to share post in all my media this is a great topic.

3. Kelsey&Kenecha
    March 9, 2015 / 10:56 am

I feel that whatever you post is up to you. If it is interesting to you write about it, if someone doesn’t like it its your blog so it is no big deal. Though this was great to see what people like to read/what people find share worthy.

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

4. March 9, 2015 / 11:22 am

I think you can really tell when a controversial blog post is done through passion or done for shares. Personally, I’d skip blogs that do the latter.

I don’t have much of a method, maybe I should! I’ll look into the pinterest buttons and that, thanks for the tip!
    Lorraine recently posted…Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick Pastel Pink ReviewMy Profile

5. March 9, 2015 / 11:32 am

It’s always a big satisfaction to be share! and it encourage!
    Have a great week!

6. March 9, 2015 / 11:49 am

Interesting topic for discussion! I don’t really try make my blog share-able. I’ve got the buttons there, but I don’t do more than that. My blog is the kinda blog I like to read and follow, so I post things that I find useful/helpful/interesting in my little personal style niche. I still share posts the old fashioned way, by bookmarking them or emailing them to friends that might be interested…so I haven’t really though about creating shareable content as such! I have seen some people say they have pinned my stuff on pinterest, but not enough to get any decent traffic.
    Mica recently posted…Rebecca Minkoff Bags: Swing and Love. New Hair Cut!My Profile

7. March 9, 2015 / 12:49 pm

I share mine too but I can’t get to share it on Instagram and my personal Facebook. :/ I don’t want people I know in real life to know my blog. lol.
    Alissa recently posted…Life In Photos #1My Profile

8. March 9, 2015 / 12:49 pm

Is your share thingy just for wordpress? I’m trying to find one that includes the bloggers twitter name in the shared tweet so that you would know when it had been shared.

On the topic of having your posts shared. People that want more shares – do they share others posts themselves? People should do what they want to happen to them to others. That makes no sense, I hope you get the gist! xx

9. March 9, 2015 / 2:11 pm

I enjoyed reading through the answers on this one. I think good helpful /informational content is key when it comes to it being sharable. One of my most shared posts was about sun safety.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…What’s In My BagMy Profile

10. March 9, 2015 / 8:30 pm

In my blog I added buttons to share on social networks, but I’m thinking of using more sharing options on facebook. Happy week Corinne.
    Rebeca recently posted…Accesorios mini / Minimal accesoriesMy Profile

11. March 10, 2015 / 12:37 am

this is perf

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

12. March 10, 2015 / 12:44 am

I would feel pretty amazing if I got more shares but it doesn’t really happen. I think I need to read up on all this new technology, all these ways of sharing I didn’t even know about.
    Imogen recently posted…Current Loves: Tiffany BlueMy Profile

13. March 15, 2015 / 5:01 am

For the past two days, I’m getting in teh habit of scheduling current and older posts for every hour of the day on Twitter starting either at 7 or 8am and then going on for 12-13 hours depending on my mood. It’s quite satisfying when I get an RT or a Favorite.
    Arianne recently posted…Food: Snooze: An AM EateryMy Profile