I recently wrote a post about finance. About how I’ve always been TERRIBLE with money. I’ve always just bought what I want and I’ve never had the pain and stress of struggling for money.
Apart from my university years when my Mum would have to stick twenty quid in my bank so I could buy beans and Tesco value noodles.
A lot of people left some really great comments about their experience with money, so I thought I’d give you a bit of an update and let you know some of the things I’ve been working towards.
The main thing is my car. For the past 6 years or so, I’ve had a car on finance. Getting a brand new one every two years.
Man, it feels brilliant having a new car. It smells amazing, it’s all shiny, not a scratch on it! It’s fun watching the milage go up from single digits.
In November time, it would be time for me to get a new car. Again, being stuck in paying a monthly fee.
I’ve decided to put a stop to it, I’ve taken out a loan and settled my agreement with Ford. I’m now having the same amount come out of my bank account to go towards paying off my loan as I would have had coming out for the car payments.
This means that the car is now all mine and I feel much better because the way my online banking is set up, I can quickly pay more off each month. Which is the plan. To save money where possible and get it paid off as quickly as possible.
Some things I’m going to do are:
- At the end of the month, transfer any extra cash over to pay my loan off.
- Set up automatic direct debit to my savings account again.
- DO NOT BUY NEW IPHONE. Just don’t. Help. This is hard. Instead, reduce the cost of my phone bill when my contract ends.
- Use sites like VoucherBin.co.u
k when I need things to get a discount. Sites that this can help get cheaper Holidays, Hotel Stays, Clothing, Homewear, Luggage and Healthy & Beauty Products.
- DO NOT BUY NEW MACBOOK. Even though you can get it in gold. My heart aches.
- Use up all my products before buying new. This includes mascara, foundation, shower gel etc.
- Use up all my samples! Blog events = lots of samples. I could probably moisturise my whole body for 2 months with samples.
- Stop impulse buying – if I want something, wait a day or two to decide if I really need it instead of logging onto Amazon straight away. Heart still aches.
- DO NOT BUY APPLE WATCH. Do not need. No no no.
Right. That’s my plan. Operation: Pay off car.
To keep myself accountable, I’m thinking of keeping a track of what I’ve been able to save and how I’ve done it if anyone would be interested in that?
Money saving tips and posts may be in the near future. Please leave comments with your tips, your stories and your finance goals.
This is sponsored post. All ideas, stories and memories ( :p )are my own.