#socialbloggers 52 // Instagram and your blog

instagram blogging

I’ve been trying to up my instagame lately, by interacting more with other instagrammers and being more active.

I’ve had an instagram account for years but never tried to grow my audience, I just linked it here on my blog and shared some photos on Twitter and Facebook and slowly people followed along.

As I’m on this quest for a larger audience, I thought a Twitter chat about it would be a great idea to share some ideas on the subject.

instagram blogging

Instagram is becoming one of the most popular social networking sites, which isn’t surprising in our fast paced lives where we love to consume a lot of content quickly.

My favourite instagram accounts are those that motivate and inspire.

I follow a lot of fitness accounts, I like to see before and after photos, I like to see women with abs and lifting weights. I also follow vegan and raw accounts because the food is beautiful and makes me want to up my fruit and veg intake.

Other accounts I follow are bloggers and people I love. I follow a few celebrities. Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Zooey Deschanel. Oh, and yoga. I love yoga accounts too.

instagram blogging

I’d love to hear your thoughts on instagram, so please read through the questions and chat then let me know what you think in the comment section below!

Q1: Do you use instagram alongside your blog? Why/why not?

Q2: What kind of photos do you post on instagram?

Q3: Are you a #hashtag person? What are your favourites?

Q4: What makes you follow other instagram users?

Q5: What’s the best way to grow your instagram following?

Untitled3 (1)

1. February 23, 2015 / 9:31 am

I LOVE instagram…I use it more than anything really. I find more interaction on there as well. I was able to build my following up better and easier there than other places as well. And I don’t find it boring, I am kind of over twitter at times, but am trying to get back on there and use it more. But, I do love Instagram :))) x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…Taste the rainbow!My Profile

2. Candice
    February 23, 2015 / 9:37 am

I love using Instagram to show with pictures products I am reviewing , especially for people who are more visual..

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

3. February 23, 2015 / 9:49 am

Yes, I like to see the fitness inspiration pages too. I don’t see many traffic coming to my blog from Instagram but I have it anyway and treat it like another channel. I have to admit, it is easier to browse Insta than blogs though.. I’m heading to Insta and follow you there 🙂
    Mrs C recently posted…Style :: Boxy CoatMy Profile

4. February 23, 2015 / 10:10 am

I’ve really been getting into using Instagram recently, it’s a great way to show ‘behind the scenes’ of your blog if you like! Although it does get quite addictive!

x

5. jackie harrison
    February 23, 2015 / 11:16 am

I like it but I do get tired of the one who post 10 to 15 pictures a day over loader I post here and there so far good response. Is okay in my opinion.

6. February 23, 2015 / 11:48 am

I’ve been working on building my followers on Instagram in the past week (got 50 woo!!!). I haven’t really seen any of that traffic flow through to my blog yet, but I’m still excited about that progress!
    Colleen recently posted…GERMAN VILLAGE IN WINTERMy Profile

7. Kelsey&Kenecha
    February 23, 2015 / 4:50 pm

I love instagram! It is so easy and fast to get your photos our there without having to write down anything really. Hashtags are the best for instagram, I do hashtag a lot haha 😛

twitter.com/floralandsmiles

8. Joanna
    February 23, 2015 / 5:29 pm

I love Instagram, but don’t use it enough! I definitely need to step up my game 🙂

lovejoanna.com

9. Gabrielle
    February 23, 2015 / 5:34 pm

This was great to read through as I have so much love for Instagram! It’s probably my favourite medium with regard to social media 🙂

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

x

10. February 23, 2015 / 5:39 pm

Cool post, I love intagram too I start this summer and I can’t

11. February 23, 2015 / 8:36 pm

I think I was in this chat! I don’t find Instagram drives blog traffic but I enjoy it and I see it more as something to supplement my blog 🙂 xx

Magpie Jasmine

12. February 23, 2015 / 8:57 pm

Loved this weeks chat, it’s really made me think more Instagram as a audience growing tool that I should take a little more seriously and put a bit more time and effort into. People want quick, easy to digest on the commute content, and what’s quicker than an image? I need to up my game!

Sarah recently posted…*My Brother and IMy Profile

13. February 23, 2015 / 9:18 pm

I agree that instagram is great for teh blog! I joined fairly rcently and love it! Its so addictive! Of course, I follow you 🙂 BTW I’m finally back to the blog!
    xx

14. February 23, 2015 / 10:42 pm

Nice post ! I have not the time to use Instagram but I love the concept of this website.
    Kisses Corinne 🙂
    Caro* recently posted…Kaki & Brown.My Profile

15. February 23, 2015 / 11:15 pm

An interesting chat, I’m not sure about Instagram I personally think it has had its day. I used to love it to share photography’s but it has so much spam. Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Banana, Walnut and Almond BreadMy Profile

16. February 24, 2015 / 2:54 am

i love instgram, i only had it last year and have discovered so many new places and people thru it!! 😀

have a great week!
    Animated Confessions
    libys11 recently posted…261My Profile

17. February 24, 2015 / 3:21 am

I was never really into instagram for years but suddenly, in the last few months I love it. But I can never get followers. I barely just made 100.
    Imogen recently posted…OutfitMy Profile

18. February 24, 2015 / 3:40 am

Instagram is my favorite to use! I love posting pictures and keeping up with people!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com
    Melanie recently posted…MonasMy Profile

19. February 24, 2015 / 3:56 am

I use one instagram account for my personal life and blog. I never share anything that I would not want anyone to see, so having one works for me. Honestly, I have felt that instagram has pushed my blog forward so much! I had a good grasp of it before starting my blog, so I think it really helped to propel mine! People have found me through instagram! I personally love it!

Denise
    Denise recently posted…Total BlueMy Profile

20. February 24, 2015 / 4:48 am

I have Instagram but I don’t really post blog related photos or posts there. Maybe because I’m not comfortable with people I know in real life reading my blog. I hope one day I’ll have the courage to. I’m sure it would bring a lot of readers
    Alissa recently posted…Sisterhood Of The World TagMy Profile

21. February 24, 2015 / 5:44 am

Indeed I use my IG side by side with my blog because it reaches some audience that are not in the other networks. Whenever I post pictures on instagram, it’s like a clue of what’s coming soon on my blog.
    Chester recently posted…Papaya Stir FryMy Profile

22. February 24, 2015 / 11:37 pm

I am a HUGE fan of instagram. I like it 100 times more than Twitter personally. I think its the fact that IG combines the visual with the written word, and people are so interactive all the time. I think the more you use it you’ll fall in love even more. 🙂 XOXO,Elif
    Theboxqueen recently posted…Get Red Carpet Ready w/ TheBoxQueen Make-Up Tutorial & OutfitMy Profile

23. February 25, 2015 / 1:31 am

I love using Instagram and it is my personal favorite social media. I just don’t know how to get a good following from it-I’m usually very picky about following people. But it would be cool to see bloggers on my instagram feed! Any tips, let me know 🙂
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration
    Olivia recently posted…The Story of the Sass feat. My Sassy ShirtMy Profile

24. February 27, 2015 / 11:50 pm

I love Instagram and for a while I was using this as my only way to reach readers and followers. However, the past couple of weeks I’ve upped my Twitter game and I’ve found it has been really helpful so my aim is to try and up my other social network use in the next few months.
    Victoria xx