January Degustabox 2015 // The Healthy Box

degustabox january 2015Januarys Degustabox is called the healthy box, which is great news for me as I’ve been on a health kick since last October.

Just for your information, Degustabox have a box that contains alcohol and also one that is none alcoholic – I was sent both items as I’m reviewing the box.

January Degustabox

Mornflake // Top Porridge Pots

degustabox january 2015

These are handy little just add water pots that come with a portion of Lyles Golden Syrup or Nutella in the lid – great for a breakfast on the go.

£1.19 Each

Little Miracles // Organic Energy

degustabox january 2015

I’ve reviewed the full range of these drinks before here. There are a blend of tea, juice and ginseng non-carbonated drink. Great for a quick pick me up.

£1.48 each

Sunkrin Bread Mix // Sunflower and Pumpkin Seed

degustabox january 2015

Now this is interesting, a low carb, free-from bread mix that only needs water. It can be used to make pizza bases, tortilla wraps, burger buns and more. Each slice has 1 carb.

This is a bit on the pricy side, but gluten free and low carb products are costly so I guess your view on whether this is expensive or not depends on your dietary needs.

I think I’m going to attempt a healthy pizza base with this!

£5

Haywards Piccalilli

degustabox january 2015

I’ve seen this product around supermarkets for years. I’ve never tried it though. It’s chunky vegetables in a tangy mustard sauce and does sound great on a burger!

£1.89

Alfa One Rice Bran Oil

This is a new product to me, it’s an oil that can be used for cooking but is better for you than the normal oils. It contains natural antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Gamma Oryzanol (helps reduce cholesterol absorption).

I’m going to make some salad dressings out of this, can’t wait to see how they turn out!

£2

Kabuto Noodles // Miso Ramen

These are noodles that come in seven different flavours, they’re really easy to make – just like a pot noodle you add water and wait for them to absorb it.

You can eat them on their own, or use as a side. I made some stuffed portobello mushrooms and used half the pot of the noodles on the side – delicious!

£2

Finn Crisp // Crispbread

112

Crispbread is a great wholegrain cracker that can be used in multiple ways, such as a snack, with soups or crushed up in salads. I’ve wrote a post before about my top 5 toppings for crispbread if you want some ideas!

£1.20

Koko Dairy Free

degustabox january 2015

I was happy to see this, as I’ve been cutting down a bit on dairy lately – I’ve been congested in a morning and I’ve heard dairy can do this. I really need to bite the bullet and completely cut it out for a while to see if it’s the culprit or not, I’m seriously so tired of sneezing seventy times upon awakening.

This has fewer calories than skimmed milk, zero cholesterol and is 100% allergen free. It claims to taste like cows milk. One shall see 😀

£1.39

Simplee Aloe // Non-alcohol box

I’ve been curious about aloe vera drinks for a while now, it’s supposed to be great for you and I’ve heard it dubbed as the new coconut water. This one contains fresh grapefruit to make a tasty, healthy drink.

£1.79

Magners Light // Alcohol box

114

We all know how alcohol is packed full of empty calories. This Irish Cider has only 103 a bottle and is the new flavour of Magners Light range. They come in 4 packs at selected Tesco stores.

£1.25

Clipper Green Tea // Special Gift

111

This was a bonus gift – and one I’ll happily except. You may remember from my 8 things I want to turn into habits post, that drinking green tea daily was one of them.

Green tea needs no introduction really – it’s detoxifying and great for giving your metabolism a boost.

degustabox january 2015

I’m really looking forward to using the products in this months box!

You can get your own box from Degustabox with a £3 off, by entering my discount code: 2H11H

Just go to the Degustabox site and enter the code at the checkout! Full price is £12.99 per box. Postage and packaging is free.

Which products would you most like to try?

Untitled

1. Candice
    January 29, 2015 / 9:36 am

The healthy box is such a cool idea!! I wish we had these in South Africa..

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

♥♥♥

2. January 29, 2015 / 9:56 am

I absolutely love the theme of this box, so pleased they’ve done a healthy one! Clipper’s green tea is my favourite 🙂

x

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:14 am

I love that it’s healthy – hope there is more healthy treats in the next one!

3. jackie harrison
    January 29, 2015 / 11:06 am

So many items I will want to get my hand on like the jar of vegetables and the aloa drink awesome.

4. January 29, 2015 / 1:32 pm

Obsessed with Kabuto noodles, Love those. When I first tried them, I wasn’t sure, but tried them again and loved them. I could eat some just now after seeing them, haha!! xx
    KizzyDoll recently posted…{Label Love} Adventure Land!My Profile

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:14 am

I’ve seen them in the super markets but it’s something I’ve never tried!

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:16 am

Cup nooles are so good but often are full of crap, these are a bit better for you 🙂

5. January 29, 2015 / 4:34 pm

that nutella thing looked awesome

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    Tyana recently posted…OOTD | | | Black WidowMy Profile

6. January 29, 2015 / 5:33 pm

this looks like a great box:-) i’m really craving some crispbread now! also, as a lactose intolerant i can tell you that most things that claim to taste like cow’s milk don’t, haha. it’s so disappointing and makes me (almost) cry. xx
    Laura recently posted…thursday thoughts pt. 41My Profile

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:17 am

Haha, you’re probably right.

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:17 am

Hopefully they will eventually!

7. January 29, 2015 / 11:50 pm

Picalilli is amazing. I will literally eat the stuff by the spoon (which is probably really bad for me, oops)! These boxes always sound so interesting, but I’m worried I’ll get one where I won’t like/use half the stuff in it I’m so picky 🙁
    Katie recently posted…Green LinerMy Profile

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:18 am

I’ve never tried it – the colour frightens me a bit.

8. January 30, 2015 / 5:39 am

I do Clipper’s too! Their Dandelion tea mixed with some pure Cranberry juice and water is a fab concoction to zap water retention. Grandma’s remedy.. of course Grandma knew nothing of Clipper 😉
    Mrs C recently posted…Style Journey Through The Years..My Profile

9. January 30, 2015 / 7:29 am

Reading this on an empty stomach… Would like to try the breakfast pots. Handy for someone like me who’s always on the go.

10. January 30, 2015 / 6:06 pm

a great January box, especially when everyone sets off with good intentions. I would like everything in here not sure what the Piccalilli is doing in there but as you say is great with burgers and cold meats. Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Aromatherapy AssociatesMy Profile

• Corinne
      February 2, 2015 / 12:19 am

can i put my bread in your breadmaker?

11. February 25, 2015 / 10:13 am

I’m just curious as I’ve signed up for degustabox after seeing all your reviews, how do you select the alcohol or non alcohol box? It doesn’t seem to be giving me a choice anywhere :/ x
    Hannah recently posted…Borough Market, LondonMy Profile