As a child, I was always so excited about Christmas. I can only now appreciate how frustrating it must have been for my parents when I would shout ‘I want that’ at every toy advert on the TV.
I can’t actually believe how many adverts were on for toys! Baby born, baby Annabelle, Barbie, Polly pockets..
My best friend and I would sit in our room and go through the Argos catalogue, writing down the order number of what we wanted. Of course, the lists ended up ridiculously long and expensive as I basically wrote every single pink item down.
Christmas eve felt like the longest day in the world. When it got to bed time, I could never sleep. I was convinced that the sooner you slept, the sooner you woke up. So while I was wide awake at 2am, it was 7am for all my friends who had slept and they were all playing with their new toys already!
I remember some of the things I wanted the most:
- Barbie chocolate milkshake factory
- Barbie caravan
- A yellow Gameboy
- A toy post office set
- One of those dog toys you could put on a lead and push, and it yapped like a real dog.
Toys have changed a lot since I was a child, I caught myself trapped on Amazon the other day and decided to put together a wish list made by my 6 year old self.
1. A password journal. I was obsessed with having secrets when I was younger – being some mysterious girl that had things to hide, that people couldn’t quite work out. A password journal would be been a perfect place to put all these secrets. I wish I had known that having secrets actually really sucks and is not at all as fun as it seems!
2. A Frozen costume. I am pretty sure at 6 years old, I would have watched Frozen on repeat. I would have not only wanted the dolls, but the dresses so I could be them. I would have sat in my room and sang LET IT GO constantly until my parents wanted to punch me in the head. 😀
3. Lego Repunzel’s Tower. I love Tangled. I totally relate to her and her long hair, like, Rapunzel, I feel ya bro. I always had long hair when I was younger, it was down to my bum and I could swing it around like a helicopter. People used to say I would take off. I think Repunzel would have been my Ariel, had I been 6 now!
4. Play DohVinchi Vanity Kid. I always wanted a dressing table as a child, just like my Mum. This kit lets you decorate and design your own. How cool?
5. Vtech Smart Watch. This watch lets you take photos, edit them, record videos, play games and more. I would have begged my parents for this!
6. Minecraft Diamond Steve. Because MINECRAFT!
My Voucher Codes have created a price toy monitor that lets you see what retailers are selling the top girls and boys toys the cheapest. I’m pretty sure my parents would have wanted this when I was younger!