Leeds Food Festival 2014 – #LeedsFoodFest

Last Friday I went to Leeds Food Festival. It was the first time I’ve been so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s a mixture of food/drink stalls as well as places you can eat.

I know I know, I take a million photos. I hope you’re happy about this situation. Because I’m not. I get torn between wanting to share ALL the photos and wanting to show just a selection then don’t know what to do for the best. Soz.

There were loads of lovely stalls full of homemade, handcrafted and local products. The drinks weren’t bad either. There was a delicious chocolate red wine we tried, but at £12 a pop, I decided not to buy it!

We bought £8 of olives. The silly man selling them kept saying they would last 6 months in the fridge. I doubt they will last 6 days in ours, Lilly and I are OLIVE MAD. GIVE ME THE OLIVES. ALL OF THEM.

I bought three lovely jars of coffee from Jaccscoffee, a hazelnut, Ameretto and cinnamon flavoured one.

We had some oysters which were okay. I have tried them before. To be honest they weren’t okay. I hate them and wanted to spit it out. It was like putting gunky, dirty, salty sea water in my mouth and being forced to swallow due to social etiquette. Blah.

I opted for a Thai prawn curry for lunch, while Lilly and Anne-Marie went to the burger.

Check out the cupcakes with the marshmallows. Oh my lord, that all looked amazing. I asked the man if they had a website as I wanted to link it to here, or where we could get them from but he said his wife just did them for events like that and they didn’t have a website or anything. It’s a pity because everything looked lovely!

Less babble more pictures:

After we were done at Leeds Food Festival, we went to revolutions for a few drinks. I’ve not been for ages and was really impressed with how the decor has changed! It looks fun, very vintage, light and airy.

We had to get back to walk the dogs, so decided to nip to Tesco and get some wine and take the dogs to the nearby park. I took photos, of course =)

Let’s all admire the baby bump. He is called Flip =)

1. June 12, 2014 / 10:20 am

Hey great post! I know what you mean abut posting photos, I always feel like I post so many! but you have a great selection here so it’s lovely to see what you got up to! The food looks amazing (Especially those cakes!)
    Stop by sometime, Sarah x

sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk/

• June 14, 2014 / 9:43 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s obsessed with photos haha.

2. Nichole Josey
    June 12, 2014 / 10:24 am

As usual wonderful photos!! I honestly love photos so I don’t mind looking at a lot of them:)) I have never tried oysters… I’ve thought about it, debated it, and then just never decided to take the leap. I just have a fear they will be slimy and I won’t get past the texture. One of these days!

• June 14, 2014 / 9:43 am

Yeah, they are pretty gross don’t do it ha.

3. Marta
    June 12, 2014 / 10:47 am

Hello from Spain: great event. I see a lot of appetizing food. Great pics. Keep in touch

4. Jackie Harrison
    June 12, 2014 / 11:14 am

This is my type of place to go and try new things before purchasing, the pup stole the show so cute and adorable my favorite post.

5. June 12, 2014 / 12:17 pm

This looks like so much fun! There is nothing better than great days out and good food!
    You’ve captured it so well 🙂
    xx

6. Gemma Donohue
    June 12, 2014 / 3:17 pm

OMG this pictures are amazing
    Love them
    Looking all this incredible food at 7:00
    AMi feel so hungry haha
    Everything look so delicious.
    xoxo

7. Lyndsay FizzyPeaches
    June 12, 2014 / 4:04 pm

Oh I love a food festival! Lovely pictures, looks like you had a great time.
    I’m also an olive fiend, those bad boys wouldn’t last 6 hours in my fridge!

Lyndsay
    Fizzy Peaches

8. Kizzy Von Doll
    June 12, 2014 / 7:48 pm

This looks like so much fun, I’ve never been to one of these, but I would have eaten everything, haha. Specially the cheeses :))) Am happy you enjoyed yourself xx

9. FloralConstellation
    June 12, 2014 / 8:00 pm

I would have loved to go there! all the food looks yummy 🙂 great pics

floralconstellation.com

10. Lucy
    June 12, 2014 / 11:19 pm

I love that you took so many pictures this is totally the event that I would pop at going too. The cheese, oysters and goodies to eat look yummy. Looks like you all had a great day and that dog is so sweet Lucy x

11. babyteeth
    June 13, 2014 / 9:22 am

Oh my god, a Pimms stand and a cheese stand, what more could anyone want! Looks amazing, I love food.

India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

• June 14, 2014 / 9:44 am

You should have gone! Maybe next year we can go?

12. Saloca
    June 13, 2014 / 7:48 pm

I LOVE lots of pics :)And I love festivals like this one, i love being able to buy local produce and from not-on-the-high-street type places! I always eat too much, drink too much and spend too much but it’s all worth it, and I’d rather the small businesses had my money instead of Tesco!

• June 14, 2014 / 9:46 am

Yes. Although spend more money at Tesco please because it means I’ll get a better pay rise and better shares.

13. June 14, 2014 / 10:05 pm

Those cupcakes with the marshmallows on top are right up my alley. Also love that shrimp dish. I can’t eat raw oysters either Corinne.

14. danniannie
    June 17, 2014 / 1:53 pm

The food festival looks great! I went to a similar one in Bishop Auckland and it proved to be a great day out but we came back skint! 🙂

xox