Are buying adverts on blogs worth it?
How to get people to advertise on your blog.
- Offer a package, such as shout outs on your twitter and Facebook page throughout the month, an introduction in one of your blog posts to your sponsor, or an individual post every month introducing your sponsors.
- Tweet and use social media to tell people you are offering advert space on your blog.
- Swap adverts with other bloggers so you appear in demand.
- Use these advert swaps to get information off the bloggers you are swapping with, such as how many hits they are getting from you so you can be honest with future advertisers.
- Offer a media pack, either stats on your advertising page, or by request.
- Start cheap and increase as you are more in demand.
- Offer to make a button if the blogger is not sure how to make one.
- Be clear about the size of the advert and it’s duration.
When to start advertising on your blog.
- Blog URL.
- Number of followers you had when you sold your first advert.
- How much the advert cost/how long it ran for.
- How many page views you had per month.
- How long you had been blogging for.
- Any other relevant information.
Q1: Do you sell ad space on your blog? Is it successful?
Q2: What do you look for when buying and ad what do you expect?
@DippyWrites I think if you have a reasonable amount of followers, I’d say no more than £10 🙂 x
— Jessiekins?? (@Jessiekinsxo) April 19, 2014
Q3 Do you have any Qs on selling ad space/getting buyers, or any tips?
@_MAGICST4RS yeah me too! Pretty new to all of this so just been learning from the chat 🙂 #socialbloggers
— Emma Charlotte (@MsEmmaCharlotte) April 19, 2014