Tights : Tesco
Blazer : ASOS
Shoes : ASOS
How’s tricks? I got this lovely dress from OASAP last week and thought it was a perfect way to bring out my red tights as I’ve not wore them in yonks
I did get an e-mail recently asking for advice about how to style tights so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for me to give a few tips to anyone wanting to incorporate tights into their wardrobe.
How to Style Tights:
- Dresses are not just for summer, so get some tights on wear them all year round. Example.
- Tights are a perfect way to style ‘down’ a dress. The can make a real difference to transforming a dress from a causal outfit, to something you wear in the evening. I have plenty of dresses that I will wear heels and go barelegged in on a special occasion, but switch out for black tights and flat shows for a more causal look. Example.
- Spice up a boring all black outfit with coloured tights. I really love dark purple, navy blue, grey or red. Example.
- Tights are always a fab way to make monochrome or coloured block more exciting. Example.
- Tights with patterns on them also look fab with colour blocking or all black or grey outfits. You may wan to pair them with patterned outfits but I would keep at least the skirt/shorts one colour or monochrome.
- Black tights with detail are a great way to dress up an outfit. Example.
- You can pick out a colour from an outfit and work with that. I can make the outfit seem ‘softer’, example, or ‘bolder’, (example) depending on what colours you pick.
- You don’t have to stick with dresses, you can wear tights with skirts, dungarees and shorts also.
- I prefer footed tights to footless, as they do not restrict your footwear.
- Best places to buy tights for the best price – Primark and Tesco.
Do you like wearing tights? What tips do you have for styling them?