For the past month of so, I’ve been lucky in that I’ve had the opportunity to review lots of lovely things for some companies and brands. While I love doing this as it gives me something great build content around, as well as allowing me to build up a portfolio of reviews for when I want to make a career change, I’ve been a little concerned about losing the personal touch to my blog! So, I wanted to do a more personal post by sharing 10 things about myself to let you all get to know me a little better and see the girl behind the blog! Let’s go let’s go:
10 Facts About Me:
- I was a complete accident. My mum had three boys before me and fell pregnant with me when she was 40, nine years after her last son was born. She was terrified I was going to be a boy because she always wanted a girl, but had been cursed blessed with three boys. Who were quite frankly, little shits.
- The story of my name is not that interesting. Corinne is the French form of ‘Corinna’ and it means ‘maiden’. My mother did not know what to call me and didn’t pick out a name before I was born. She read it in a book of names and liked it. I always hated it growing up as nobody had every heard of it before so when I made new friends or met new people, they would always look at me funny and never be able to say it properly. People always spelt it and pronounced it wrong, or called me something completely different. I used to make up ‘normal’ names when I went on holiday and met other children.
- In 2007, I lived in France for a year teaching English in a French school while I was doing my French degree. I never would have thought that I could move to a different country on my own. It was very very scary, but after doing that, I know 1) I can do anything and 2) I have no patience to work with children.
- Everybody at work thinks I’m a lesbian and often make jokes that I have a penis. I have no idea what draws them to this conclusion. Maybe it’s the long hair. Or the skirts I wear every day. Shrug. When I went to a concert a few months ago, I got asked of I was going to a lesbian convention to do a talk about life post-op.
- Before I started this blog in December 2012, I spent most of my free time on the xBox. Call of Duty, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, Bioshock were all favourites. I rarely play now as I’m too busy with the blog. Maybe this is where the previous fact about me comes from.
- I would make a terrible beauty blogger. I never wear make-up, only mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner. I am trying to get brave with lipstick and wear BB cream on a really special occasion. I also own no Mac products.
- I hate my voice SO much. If could change anything about myself, it would be my stupid voice. I sound like an 8 year old boy. Sometimes my work phone does that thing were your voice echos back to you and I cannot bare to listen to it. This is why I quit doing YouTube videos and moved to blogging because I would rather stab myself in the face than edit my stupid voice.
- I take pictures of everything. I have over 7000 photos on my phone and most them are what I have sent by text or twitter while having a conversation with people. Why write it when you can just photo it?
- I don’t have any pets, I can barely look after myself, never mind another living thing. When I was a teenager I had a dog called Ollie. She was the cutest little thing in the world, but I was not a good pet mum. She was more my Dad’s dog than mine in the end, he would take her on really long walks and she loved him the most. Weh. One Thursday evening I was waiting for my Mum to finish on the phone so I could use the internet (dial-up, ew) and I was laying on the floor of the living room. I decided to call Ollie so I could play with her, when my Mum stopped talking, looked at me and said ‘Corinne, are you being serious?’ and I was like ‘What’. And she said ‘We gave Ollie away on Sunday, have you not noticed? We thought you were just not talking to us about it’. When I complained and stropped about them giving my dog away, she said I didn’t pay enough attention to her. I decided this would be an argument I would never win and waited quietly for the internet.
- My blog is a secret to everyone apart from my housemates and 3 friends.
Tell me a fact about you.
G'wan, delve a little further..