- It helps control blood pressure.
- It acts as a detoxifier and protects the liver.
- It aids digestion to relieve constipation.
- It helps the immune system.
- It helps skin rejuvenation – mix the powder with milk for a face mask to help with blackheads, whiteheads and acne! It also has anti-ageing properties and helps sagging skin, helps your skin maintain elasticity and gives your skin a youthful glow.
- It’s said to, though lacks scientific proof, help fight cancer, arthritis, insomnia, asthma and menstrual problems.
- It can help you lose weight as it stimulates the thyroid gland, thus boosts your metabolism. It also gives you energy and strength which means you can exercise longer, again, helping with weight loss.
- It can be used externally as an antiseptic to help heal cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, athlete’s foot, insect bites, sores and poison ivy.
- It is wonderful for you hair. You can rinse your hair with wheatgrass powder for a treatment for dray and itchy scalp, you can add it to your normal shampoo to help repair damage and rinsing your hair with it can even turn grey hair back to it’s natural colour!
What shocked me most was how green it was! As you can see, it completely changed the colour of the smoothie!