The Makeup Mishaps Tag

Dress: c/o Choies
Jacket : Primark
Tights : Tesco
Shoes : ASOS
I love this dress form Choies, it’s so colourful and full of summer. I’m very excited to wear it!

I was tagged by Rebecca in this makeup mishap tag, and as my head is mashed from work and I can’t think of anything interesting to talk about, a tag is what you are getting.

You’re going to a high end beauty event – would you rather:

Have really thick, dark, sharpie eyebrows or a major neck/foundation line?
Probably the sharpie eyebrows because at least I could pretend I had done it myself for the lols. Foundation lines are just grim and you can’t really play that off as a joke.

Have chipped nail polish or horribly faded lipstick?
Chipped nail polish. This is because I have chipped nail polish about 90% of the time I wear it. I know it’s kind of a sin, but I hardly ever take it off with remover and will pick at it for days until it’s completely gone. I’m a really lazy human.

Have smudged all your eye make up or have lipstick on your teeth?
Lipstick on my teeth, probably. I’m kind of socially awkward so it’s not like I’d be talking to any of these people anyway. I’d just sit in silence and tweet. True story.

Over highlight – a la disco ball – or over pluck those brows and look constantly surprised?
Over highlight – it would be much easier to fix than waiting for my brows to grow back in.

It’s a typical working/school day, and unfortunately your beauty products have gone missing. You can only find a few things hidden at the bottom of your makeup bag, and have to use what you can find. What do you choose?

OTT unsubtle fake lashes or clear mascara?
Mascara? I usually end up sticking one of the fake lashes to my eyebrows or something. I can never get those damn things right.

A foundation five shades too dark or five shades too light?
I’ll go with five shades too light as I usually wear the lightest or second to lightest anyway. So I win that game as you can’t get paler than a skinned-car-tree whee! I don’t even know what that means.

Hair-gloss (a beautifully sticky gloss: perfect for getting your hair stuck to in the wind) or gorgeous concealer lips?
I don’t know what concealer lips is. So I pick that one for the adventure factor.

Finally, it’s the middle of summer – you can have either a manicure or a pedicure. However, the other set of nails have to be bare – what do you pick?
Pedicure. I don’t like showing my feet without nail varnish on them. But I don’t follow rules very well so I’d probably just paint my finger nails afterwards. Just to be a brat.

I tag anyone who wants to do it.
But especially newer bloggers looking for things to post, or those of you that are not feeling motivated to blog.

Please send me a link to your post if you make one, or answer any/all the questions in the comments if you wish =)
Recent Posts

Linking up with:
Style Sessions
What I Wore
Tres Chic Fashion
Treat Yo Self

1. The Dainty Dolls House
    March 26, 2014 / 10:07 am

Adore this dress, the colours are gorgeous!! These were great answers. I am definitely one who wears my nail polish until it’s chipping away, I always say I will stop, but I just like chipping it off. But, I should really take better care as I know chipping it can do damage. Have a lovely day doll xx

2. Erika
    March 26, 2014 / 10:51 am

The dress is absolutely beautiful! Looks great on you! The tag is really amusing! Thanks for sharing!

3. Jackie Harrison
    March 26, 2014 / 11:10 am

I laugh so hard reading this cause we all been there lipstick in our teeth at a special occasion and I agree with false lashes never get it right. You look stylish like the print on the dress very pretty.

4. Savi n Vid
    March 26, 2014 / 11:10 am

The dress is gorgeous on you 🙂

5. daisychain
    March 26, 2014 / 11:23 am

Oh I love this dress, so summery! xx

6. Diana Ashuayem
    March 26, 2014 / 12:28 pm

Such a lovely look! Amazing.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

7. E Mamakli
    March 26, 2014 / 12:32 pm

Haha love this and as always your sense of humor! I think the lipstick answer is interesting; for me it would be horrid as I am usually a chatterbox. It would be painful to sit silently hahaha. Smudged eye make-up is no better though. Totally agree with not over plucking eyebrows! That’s the worst- so hard to grow back. This was fun to read! <3 <3 XOXO, Elif @ theboxqueen

8. Karolina Antosik
    March 26, 2014 / 12:46 pm

this dress is so so lovely 😀

9. Lilli
    March 26, 2014 / 1:03 pm

The tag is very nice, my big fear is having lipsticks on my tears, sometimes I am so much scared that avoid to smile and always have a little mirror with me!:P Looking lovely Corinne, I like the dress and ur hair is awesome! Kisses! (ps lol u made me smile! yep, I have around 5 but believe me, they are also very old! xo)

10. Mingaile Tarpy
    March 26, 2014 / 1:22 pm

I am impressed that you would go for pedicure… I am so bad with my feet, but I am too lazy with my finger nails too. LOL
    I love the dress!

11. Naaj Rona
    March 26, 2014 / 1:44 pm

Loved your answers and there were some tricky ones in there.

I definitely agree with the lipstick on the teeth and the pedicure one. I have never tried false lashes, petrified that they might get glued to my lash line and never come off.

Naaj Ronas Lifestyle

12. March 26, 2014 / 1:46 pm

Awesome tag!
    Love your outfit as well!! 🙂 xx

tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

13. Rachel
    March 26, 2014 / 2:26 pm

Yeah, I don’t even know if they make foundation lighter than what I use–haha! I’m pale, but I’m okay with that. Love those bright purple tights with the dress!

14. Lenya
    March 26, 2014 / 3:06 pm

The dress is so beautiful Corinne! Sorry for my absence but I wasn’t able to post nor to comment, Google was (still is for that matter) giving me a hard time, though.
    kisses sweetie
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

15. Lizzy
    March 26, 2014 / 3:20 pm

love these colours!

16. Mira
    March 26, 2014 / 3:53 pm

That dress looks amazing and I love that you paired it with these cute tights. Haha I don’t want any makeup mishaps but i can live with the chipped nail polish!

xx Mira

17. Panty Buns
    March 26, 2014 / 3:56 pm

The colour of your purple Tesco tights is gorgeous! The bright Spring/Summer colours of your Choies dress are also beautiful. I love that shade of yellow and how the bands of (what are those colours called – lilac/fuchsia/magenta?) near the hem of your dress gradually approach the colour of your tights. In the vein of the “makeup mishap tag” I really love reading about (or better yet seeing) makeup mishaps. The ones you mantioned are funny – love it! I a bottle of had nail-polish break in my purse once. There were plenty of times I would up with stray misplaced spots of mascara and plenty of times I got eyeshadow in the mascara. Is there any chance you could (pretty please?) make a YouTube makeup blooper video some time in the future?

18. Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee
    March 26, 2014 / 5:05 pm

That dress is so pretty and it looks awesome on you!

19. Milu Sosa
    March 26, 2014 / 5:49 pm

Adorable colorful dress! perfect for spring if it ever decides to come! right?
    Love to read your answers, they all sounded very honest. Chipped nail polish 90% really? lol it made me laugh when you said you are a lazy human… same here! but chipped nail polish only maybe a 30% of the time 🙂
    Thanks for sharing, I will use this tag this week since I don’t want to have any winter clothing posts anymore and the weather is just not collaborating with me.
    xoxo

20. Marta
    March 26, 2014 / 6:31 pm

Hello from Spain: nice dress. I like a lot. Very trendy. Keep in touch

21. Mª Pilar Domínguez
    March 26, 2014 / 7:15 pm

I love colours!! and this look is a great combination of coloured garments. Lovely, lovely! Kisses:)

22. Jo Rashi
    March 26, 2014 / 8:30 pm

Wow…such stunning pics dear…you look beautiful…you have a lovely blog…it would be great if we can follow each other…do let me know honey…its good to stay connected…:-)

23. Beauty Follower
    March 26, 2014 / 10:54 pm

Lovely dress!

Hugs from Athens 🙂

24. Saloca
    March 26, 2014 / 11:20 pm

Love this dress so much! So much colour going on its great! Will have to check them out! Great tag too, might have to do this one myself!

25. March 26, 2014 / 11:53 pm

Now this was such a fun and interesting tag.. So many fun questions.. I would prefer over hilighter face to over plucked brows too
    I might di the tag as well..
    The dress is beautiful , screens summer and I love it
    Keep in touch

26. JaseyJade
    March 28, 2014 / 2:43 am

Love your answers! mines are the same as yours .. so I probably won’t do it.
    are there other great tags.. more for fbloggers and lbloggers?
    Lovely dress x