Posted on May 28, 2017

Essence Light Up Your Face

beauty products

essence highlighter

You can’t really complain about a palette that’s £3. Can you?

This is the Essence Light Up Your Face Palette that came in my Glossybox months ago. It’s a fantastic product for a general day time use, or to travel with if you don’t want to risk your more expensive alternative getting smashed.

The palette has 3 shades:

• 1. nude highlighter: satin sheer powder with a subtle glow
  • 2. rosé highlighter: shimmering powder for setting specific luminous highlights
  • 3. golden beige highlighter: pearly powder for adding a soft and warm finish to the complexion

It has such a light feel upon applying and it is not the type of highlighter that will make you be seen from space. Which, contrary to popular belief, is not a good look. It’s a subtle shine that really finishes off a makeup look.

Essence Light Up Your Face

Essence Light Up Your Face

Essence Light Up Your Face

Essence Light Up Your Face

• Reply Nikita Rajkumar May 28, 2017 at 7:58 am

I love Essence as a brand; it’s one of my favourites. But as I have dark skin, this palette really doesn’t work for me. All the shades look white and streaky. It’s unfortunate but I’m glad it worked for you! x
    Nikita Rajkumar recently posted…Why I Decided To Go Cruelty-Free|April 2017My Profile

• Reply Darina May 28, 2017 at 8:12 am

Sometimes I buy some Essence products, lipsticks and nailpolish. I didn’t try this palette yet.

• Reply Georgiana May 28, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Essence is such a good budget brand. I have tried a couple of bits and pieces from them, but my favourites remain the lip products. I have 4 lipsticks from them, they`re so creamy and pigmented.

P.S. Good to know that I am not the only one that feels the same way about highlighter. I mean, you want a subtle glow, not to stop the traffic.
    Georgiana recently posted…Book Review: “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda” by Becky AlbertalliMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt May 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I was all about the highlighter to be seen from space back in early 2016 and then I got tired of it and have been wearing very light subtle highlight ever since. I haven’t bought anything from Essence since forever!
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Celebrating 2017 Pantone Colour of The Year (Greenery) With ArbonneMy Profile

• Reply Akaleistar May 29, 2017 at 12:03 am

Love how affordable Essence is! What a pretty highlighter 🙂

• Reply Lucy June 7, 2017 at 1:02 am

This is such good value, the comment about being see from space not being a good look made me laugh Lucy x