Posted on April 16, 2017

lifestyle

With over 4.5 million objects, it’s easy to tell that that the Victoria and Albert Museum in London is the worlds biggest museum of decorative arts and design.

The large museum would take hours to explore properly, we only had about two hours before it closed so had to skip parts.

There are the most stunning pieces of furniture, strangest ornaments and biggest collection of, well, stuff, that I’ve ever seen.

It’s hard to try and even put a number to the value of the objects inside the museum. The knowledge of the staff is also insane. We asked a question about where something was and ended up having a talk about lots of things in history. From British history to Cleopatra. It kind of made me a bit embarrassed about how little I know about my own country’s history and want to learn more!

I walked away from the place wanting to find some documentaries about some of the things I had seen.

Amazing.

• Reply Liz April 16, 2017 at 7:48 am

The V&A is one of my favourites, I love it there! The fashion stuff is always great.

Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

• Reply Anca April 16, 2017 at 7:51 am

I love V&A, it’s a wonderful museum. I saw in your picture the painting of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert at the Crystal Palace, but I can’t remember seeing it in the museum. I should take another trip to London, just to refresh my memory. :))
    Anca recently posted…Mount Grace PrioryMy Profile

• Reply Frankie The Mayfairy April 16, 2017 at 8:26 am

I love the V&A – especially the clothing exhibits! You can never visit too many times, always something you haven’t seen before x

• Reply Tania Michele April 16, 2017 at 8:43 am

I’ve still not been here! Looks good though, so it’s still on my list! 🙂 Tania Michele xx
    Tania Michele recently posted…52 Weeks Saving: Weeks 6-15 | Bullet JournalMy Profile

• Reply Nikki-ann April 16, 2017 at 4:57 pm

It’s been a couple of years since I visited the V&A Museum and I don’t think we saw it all then! I must go again soon 🙂
    Nikki-ann recently posted…Wenlock PrioryMy Profile

• Reply Darina April 16, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Never been in this museum, but it looks very interesting!

• Reply Lucy April 18, 2017 at 3:42 pm

It’s fun doing things in your own country like a tourist. The V&A is lovely as is its outdoor space Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…May LindstromMy Profile

• Reply Sarah April 20, 2017 at 7:55 am

We have a tiny V&A gallery in Liverpool and this post reminds me how I’ve NEVER been! Must go and check it out! I’d love to see the museum though! So many interesting pieces and trinkets to look at!

Sarah recently posted…Blogging and the Fear Of Missing OutMy Profile

• Reply Laura April 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm

ahh, i love the v&a! it’s so good and every time you go you find something you’ve not seen before! xx
    Laura recently posted…seventies flowersMy Profile