Posted on April 11, 2017

How to improve any blog post in 5 minutes

blog tips

How to improve any blog post in 5 minutes

What if I told you that there are a few things you can do to make your blog post better in 5 minutes? You’d want to do it, right?

These are the things most of us know we should do, but often don’t. Why? Because we’re busy, we’re lazy, we’re always looking for a shortcut. But take 5 minutes extra to go through the following steps to improve any blog post instantly:

How to improve any blog post in 5 minutes

Make the title stronger.

Make your headlines stronger by making it pique peoples interest. Ask a question, be a bit cheeky or even exaggerate a little.  Buzz feed does this well. News papers do this well.

Learn from them.

Related post: How to write irresistible headlines.

Link to previous posts.

This is something that’s so easy to do but not many people do. Link to previous blog posts. This is not only good for getting readers to stay on your site for longer, but interlinking blog posts is great for SEO.

So next time you post about your latest mascara, link to your previous mascara, or other products from that brand.

Add a call to action at the end.

A lot of people won’t engage in your blog post unless you ask them. So ask them a question at the end, invite them to share their experience and views and watch your comments grow.

You could also ask them to follow your blog or sign up to your news letter .

Add headlines and bullet points.

Avoid using blocks of text – you want to make your blog post as easy to read as possible. A lot of people scan read, only taking in the bits of information that they are looking for.

To make it easier, add headlines and bullet points to make it easier for people to read and find what they want within your content.

Add a personal touch.

Blogs are better than other information sources because they’re written by every day people like me and you. What we lack in being a professional journalist, we make up for in personality.

When you write a blog post, always strive to share an experience that you’ve had that goes along with the topic to make it more relatable. Your want your reader to get to know you and your style so they’ll stick around.

Do you have any tips for improving a blog post?

• Reply Tania Michele April 11, 2017 at 10:41 am

I’ve been going through a lot of my old posts and changing the titles and the structure of the post so it all looks and sounds SOOOOO much better! 🙂 Tania Michele xx
    Tania Michele recently posted…Wishlist #32My Profile

• Reply Rowena April 11, 2017 at 1:59 pm

I used to forget to link to previous posts but now I just make that part of my editing process. I need to jazz up my titles some more.

• Reply Darina April 11, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Very good tips! Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Sarah April 11, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Great tips and they all make sense! I need to go back through some old posts and change them up to improve them somewhat!

Sarah recently posted…CarnLIVal Spring 2017My Profile

• Reply Cocoon April 11, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Very good tips!

• Reply Amy April 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm

I always try and ask a question at the end although I don’t like to force one haha. I definitely need to work on my titles though, I love your exaggerated ones!
    Amy xx

• Reply Eloise April 11, 2017 at 9:22 pm

I’ve only just started linking to previous posts but it seems to be helping! I’ll definitely need to add a call to action in future posts too xx
    Eloise recently posted…DHC MASCARA PERFECT PRO DOUBLE PROTECTIONMy Profile

• Reply Amy April 11, 2017 at 9:49 pm

My titles are terrible but I like the idea of asking a question in it instead. x
    Amy recently posted…5 gadgets I want for the kitchen to help me eat betterMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt April 11, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I am absolutely rubbish with titles…seriously I have no creativity at all. I mean you know it, you’ve read my posts. LOL!
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…My Skin Journey Of Recovery: The SavioursMy Profile

• Reply Akaleistar April 12, 2017 at 1:57 am

Love your blogging tips!
    Akaleistar recently posted…15 Metallic Sneakers to Upgrade Your Basic Jeans and Tee LookMy Profile

• Reply Lucy April 12, 2017 at 1:59 am

All great tips, you are so right that we know what to do but become lazy or just forget. A good reminder Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…May LindstromMy Profile

• Reply Aimee Cottle April 12, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Great tips – thanks for sharing! Some of these I already do, but others I don’t and will be doing from now on 🙂
    Aimee Cottle recently posted…A Therapeutic Kiss* || With OysterMy Profile

• Reply Anca April 12, 2017 at 1:09 pm

I would like to be able to write a post title that was more exciting. My last post title is the name of the pub, not exactly innovative.
    Anca recently posted…Ye Olde Starre InneMy Profile

• Reply Georgiana April 12, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Corinne, your posts have helped so much throughout the years. I had no idea what SEO was before you, but know I always make sure to follow your tips. Thanks to them I got my old blog`s DA at a decent number and even though I have a new blog, now I know what to do in the future to get the best of my blogging experience. So thank you for that!
    Georgiana recently posted…My Bookish Bucket ListMy Profile

• Reply Caroline April 14, 2017 at 9:05 pm

I’ve recently been doing this. A job I put off for way to long after I transferred over to wordpress.. but I totally love Yoast! I use a title check site too to help make titles, which helps a lot. It really just makes me more aware of titles. They are, as well as maybe the picture, what draws the reader in.

Caroline.x