Posted on March 8, 2017

Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder

beauty products/ makeup

Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder

When Rimmel stuck me on their mailing list, I was very excited.

A few weeks later, an envelope arrived through the letter box containing their new range of brow products.

If you know me, you know that I don’t care about my eyebrows. I pluck them maybe once a month and then ignore them for the rest of the time. I just don’t care. I never have. Never will. One girl posted on Twitter a few weeks ago that it takes her 40 minutes to do her brows in a morning. 40 minutes. I can shower, wash my hair, dry it, straighten it, get dressed and do my makeup in that time.

So when I opened the bag of goodies to find 4 brow powders, I was a bit like ‘oh‘.

Coming in 4 colours ranging from black to light brown, the powders a long lasting solution to getting your instabrows on fleek. I used the lightest colour as I’m frightened of getting too bold when it comes to makeup so didn’t want a harsh brow. I know, I’m wimp.

As a person who doesn’t do much with her brows, I quite liked the powder. It’s easy to apply and stays put all day. The soft sponge applicator is great for filling in the brows, but I’m not sure about it being used as an eyeliner as it’s marketed for.

I tried to do my eyeliner with it and found the applicator too soft and thick. It left a thick, messy line so I think this is best used for its main use – as brow powder.

Check it out if you’re wanting an easy way to fill your brows in!

Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder

• Reply Darina March 8, 2017 at 7:23 am

This is a product I had to try because my brows are so light of color. Thank you for sharing this!

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2017 at 8:07 am

I have one brow product and I use it so lightly that it might as well not be there! I can never get my eyebrows to look like how the MUA’s do them and it frustrates me so much! I have this fear that I’m going to end up giving myself an epic scouse brow OR two sharpied on caterpillars!

Sarah recently posted…This one time we CATFISHED someoneMy Profile

• Reply Tania Michele March 8, 2017 at 11:09 am

love the colours of these, but not sure which of the lighter two would be best for me! 🙂 Tania Michele xx
    Tania Michele recently posted…We’re Going To Disney World!My Profile

• Reply Amy March 8, 2017 at 11:45 am

I don’t like to go too bold with brows either – I’m rubbish at doing eyebrows!
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…My Favourite Transitional OutfitMy Profile

• Reply Amy March 8, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I tried these in the shop and thought they were a bit harsh for me but everyone seems to love them so perhaps they’re worthy of another try?
    Amy at Amy & More
    Amy recently posted…Reasons to go on a cruise this summerMy Profile

• Reply Lucy March 8, 2017 at 8:07 pm

A fuss free and easy way to do brows gets my vote. I like the colours too Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Teeth Whitening – Smile BrilliantMy Profile

• Reply Sammy March 8, 2017 at 10:17 pm

I’ve been really intrigued by this product since seeing it advertised on TV – might have to give it a go! I don’t like my brows to look too harsh – just a bit more filled in, so this sounds like it could work!

Sammy x | http://www.cityofsimplicity.co.uk

• Reply Laura March 9, 2017 at 8:07 pm

the applicator looks intresting, i kind of want to try this! xx
    Laura recently posted…first impressions of lisboa and portugalMy Profile

• Reply Eloise March 9, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I’ve heard loads about these and really want to try them!
    Eloise recently posted…I GOT HAIR EXTENSIONSMy Profile