Posted on March 3, 2017

Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds

blog tips

Sara from Me and Orla is an Instagram Queen who only spends 20 minutes a day on her Instagram account that has a following of 150k.

She spoke about her success and shared some wise words at the first event of #TheBlogSquad Leeds, run by Lucinda.

Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds

Here are some of the things I look away from the event:

• Instagram tries to find out about you and your likes. Liking random photos (eg Instabots) hinders that.
  • Instagram are getting wise to comment pods – be careful.
  • To build a theme, think of 3 words to base all your photos on.
  • You have to keep improving with the times.
  • Post consistently to build trust with your followers.
  • Invest in your existing community.
  • Follow accounts that inspire you.
  • Know your ideal follower.

Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds Instagram Talk with #TheBlogSquad Leeds

I came away from the talk wanting to change my own Instagram theme. It’s always been a bit all over the place so I’ve been prop shopping and hopefully will have a new theme soon!

• Reply Ela March 3, 2017 at 7:35 am

I personally don’t have a themed Instagram, but I’ve noticed that I gain followers and likes whenever I do the following:
    -use a buttload of hashtags
    -post makeup products/mini-reviews
    -actually take decent photos
    🙂
    Ela recently posted…SWATCH PARTY: Colourpop X Hello Kitty Puroland Mini Size KitMy Profile

• Reply Sarah March 3, 2017 at 7:42 am

I would love to have a theme but as soon as I think I’ve settled on something, I change my mind. I’ll have to have a good sit down and nail something down then go with it and see what happens! I hope Insta doesn’t kill the comment pods though 🙁

Sarah recently posted…Walt Disney World 2016 – Part 9 – Day 8My Profile

• Reply KizzyDoll March 3, 2017 at 10:09 am

I’ve tried themes, but sometimes go off of them. I get bored when everything looks the same, so sometimes I don’t follow instas with too much of a theme, because it’s too boring. But, often you an get people who can do it in a way that looks refreshing and different, those I don’t mind 🙂 x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…Dainty Style | Stylish FriendsMy Profile

• Reply Anca March 3, 2017 at 10:36 am

I think this is main reason why I don’t have a lot of followers on Instagram. I don’t like the idea of a theme and taking pictures only with the camera, I like instant shots that might not bring a lot of followers, but they are a small pieces of my life.
    Good luck with your Instagram goals. x
    Anca recently posted…My FebruaryMy Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves March 3, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I try to keep to a theme on Instagram but I can never really stick to it since I tend to adapt my photography style to suit whatever I’m shooting.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Dine Out : SugarfishMy Profile

• Reply Amy March 3, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Sabrina, from GirlVGlobe did a really good instagram talk at the icelolly event. I don’t really use it myself but she certainly inspired me to start . . . at least whilst I was there anyway haha!

• Reply Akaleistar March 4, 2017 at 2:20 am

Sounds like a great talk! I’m so bad about sticking to a theme. I just post random things happening in my life 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…Glossies Made Me Do It: Apple NachosMy Profile

• Reply Lucy March 6, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I am so over Instagram have used it from the start it doesn’t really captivate me. I know however that I should be using it. Good tips Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Teeth Whitening – Smile BrilliantMy Profile