Posted on February 15, 2017

My typical week working full time, daily blogging, going to the gym and doing a relationship

blog tips

how to blog daily

I know a lot of people who struggle to work full time and blog. Let alone work full time and blog every day. And go to the gym. And have a relationship.

I’ve been blogging daily for almost three years now and wanted to share what my typical week looks like.

Of course, my weeks do sometimes vary. Sometimes I work different hours. Sometimes my days off change. Sometimes I see my boyfriend during the week. Sometimes I sacrifice my Tuesday morning workout so I can write a few extra posts before work if I know I’m going to be busier than normal or if I have extra social plans.

But typically, this is my week:

how i blog daily

Monday.
6:50 am: Wake-up, shower, get dressed, kiss my boyfriend goodbye.
7:30 am: Leave my boyfriends house.
9:00 am: Arrive at work.
1:00 pm: Lunch break – schedule some tweets and play on Twitter.
6:00 pm: Leave work.
6:30 pm: Get to the gym, workout for around 45 minutes.
7:30 pm: Get home, shower and have tea.
8:30 pm: Comment on some blogs, write a blog post:
9:30 pm: Watch TV for an hour or so.

Tuesday.
8:30 am: Wakeup, wash pots, make coffee and watch YouTube.
9:30 am: Go to the gym, workout for around 45-minutes.
11:00 am: Shower, wash hair and make dinner.
12:40 am: Set off for work.
1:00 pm: Arrive at work.
5:00 pm: Lunch break – schedule some tweets and play on Twitter.
10:00 pm: Leave work.
10:30 pm: Shower, put PJs on, turn the computer on and comment on blogs.
11:30pm: Bed

Wednesday:
7:00 am: Wake up, make coffee.
7:30 am: Leave for work.
8:00 am: Arrive at work.
1:00 pm: Lunch break – schedule some tweets and play on Twitter.
5:00 pm: Leave work.
5:30 pm: Arrive at gym, work out for around an hour.
7:00 pm: Get home, shower, put clothes in washer, make dinner.
8:00 pm: Write a blog post, reply to emails, comment on blogs.
9:30 pm: Watch TV for an hour or so.

Thursday:
6:10 am: Wake up, make coffee.
6:45 am: Leave for work.
7:00 am: Arrive at work.
1:00 pm: Lunch break – schedule some tweets and play on Twitter.
4:00 pm: Leave work.
4:30 pm: Arrive home, put PJs on.
4:45 pm: Clean flat.
7:00 pm: Make dinner.
7:45 pm: Write a blog post, comment on blogs.

Friday:
9:00 am: Get up, make breakfast and play on the computer.
10:00 am: Go to the gym, work out for 1 hour.
12:00 am: Get home, shower and make dinner.
1:00 pm: Reply to emails and blog – write 6-8 blog posts.
8:00 pm: Watch TV/play Xbox.
11:00 pm: Go to bed.

Saturday:
7:00 am : Wake up, make coffee.
7:30 am: Leave for work.
8:00 am: Arrive at work.
1:00 pm: Lunch break – schedule some tweets and play on Twitter.
5:00 pm: Leave work and head to boyfriends.
6:00 pm: Arrive at boyfriends, shower.
7:00 pm: Write #socialbloggers post and fitness update post.
8:00 pm: Comment on blogs.
8:30 pm: Play on PS4
10:30 pm: Boyfriend comes home, so drink wine and watch TV.

Sunday:
9:00 am: Wake up.
10:00 am: Get up and have a bacon sandwich.
10:30 am: Write blog posts if the boyfriend has gone for a bike ride or/then spend the day with him.
10:30 pm: Go to bed.

What I’ve achieved:

• Around 10 blog posts.
  • Around 4 workouts.
  • Working full time.
  • Spending 2 nights and a full day with my boyfriend.
  • Keeping my flat clean.
  • Eating well.

I would say my key is to get your staple routine in place and work around it if anything changes. Like I know there might be times I work a 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm on a Saturday – so I can use the morning to write posts or go to the gym. If I have social plans, I know I need to cut something out that I’ll need to make up somewhere else so I’ll sacrifice gym time or TV time. Blogging is important, so I’ll never sacrifice a blog post.

I have my week planned out already so I know what I’ll be doing when.

Although it took a few years to get into this routine, I find it’s really do-able and I get a lot of satisfaction out of cramming everything in that I cram in. Of course, it would be wondeful to have more TV time, but not very satisfying!

What does your week look like?

• Reply Jennifer Allen February 15, 2017 at 8:37 am

Great stuff, almost a military operation! But you’re right planning is the key to getting stuff done. I plan on a daily basis but I guess my day/week has a pretty good routine

Jen x
    Jennifer Allen recently posted…Running & MassageMy Profile

• Reply Anca February 15, 2017 at 11:58 am

I love your planning. It’s the key to get so many things done. Well done! x
    Anca recently posted…CoventryMy Profile

• Reply Sarah February 15, 2017 at 1:04 pm

It’s all about the planning and making time for what matters around working! I think if you want to do something badly enough, you will make the time for it!

Sarah recently posted…*Dream Living Room DecorMy Profile

• Reply Rachael February 15, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Oh my goodness, you are so organised and productive. I am definitely not this organised!!

Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk
    Rachael recently posted…What I Eat in a Day 15My Profile

• Reply Darina February 15, 2017 at 3:30 pm

You are so organized! Very inspiring post!
    Darina recently posted…Struggling with Writer’s BlockMy Profile

• Reply Aimee Cottle February 15, 2017 at 5:27 pm

I’ve definitely found that having a routine is the only way I can keep the house clean, spend time with my fiance, friends and family, blog and work. I have a cleaning schedule, a blogging schedule, pretty much everything is scheduled so I know what I can do when and don’t miss anything! I’m blown away by how much you do in a week though!!
    Aimee Cottle recently posted…My Pandora BraceletMy Profile

• Reply Rebeca February 15, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I try to organize my week, but having two school-age children always comes up with unscheduled activities, including last-minute family reunions and it’s complicated I would like to write every day but there are weeks that complicate me.

• Reply Ela February 16, 2017 at 1:44 am

I usually like to blog the first 3 hours after work – it helps me unwind after a long, stressful day!
    Ela recently posted…Lipsticks to be soldMy Profile

• Reply Akaleistar February 16, 2017 at 1:48 am

I feel like such a busybody, but I love seeing a schedule breakdown. You are so well organized!

• Reply Rachel February 16, 2017 at 2:57 am

“Friday 1:00 pm: Reply to emails and blog – write 6-8 blog posts.” Ummmm #impressed!

Rachel | http://www.imperfectlyrachel.com
    Rachel recently posted…ASOS Try-On Haul…Shopping For ParisMy Profile

• Reply Corinne February 16, 2017 at 5:35 am

Corinne’s not a very common name, especially spelled with one ‘r’ and two ‘n’s, so I always make an effort to stop and say hello. Hello! I’m currently on the ‘slow blogging’ train, and am happy if I can get out one blog post per week with everything else in life. But you’re an inspiration, and I think I can take some tips from you! Thanks for the great post.

And now.. to make some coffee!

Corinne | http://corinnemelanie.com/blog

• Reply Lucy Edwards February 16, 2017 at 11:50 am

Interesting… I generally only write one blog post a week, but then I do train 8-9 times which is my priority. I also have a longer journey to/from work which is a pain! I’m also quite slow at writing blog posts, it can take me several hours whereas you seem to be super speedy!

• Reply Matea February 17, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Let me just say – wow! And all this time I thought I was organised but after reading your post I’ve realized there’s still so many things I need to work on in order to become more productive.
    Matea recently posted…One Outfit Post That Changed EverythingMy Profile

• Reply Stacey February 17, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Good grief, you have your week down to the minute. I’m currently struggling with work, blogging, rehearsals, housework, marriage and kids so unfortunately blogging almost always has to take a back seat. I wish I was half as organised as you!
    Stacey recently posted…Valentine’s Day 2017 feat. Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal Water GardenMy Profile