Three things I’m shit at about blogging and how I’m going to change it

three blog goals

It’s good to look at your weaknesses and try to address them every now and again. There are so many things I need to improve in blogging. It’s unrealistic to complete them all, so I’m going to address three things and see how I can go about improving them.

three blog goals

Photography.

Taking photographs is such a ball ache. Some people love it, but it’s my least favourite thing. I enjoy writing posts, but taking photos and editing them – nope. Because of this, I don’t push myself with my blog photography. I’ve had the same style for over a year.

When it comes to taking photos, I want it done and over with quickly. I’m going to start taking more care with my photos, try and experiment with different props and try not to re-use the same photos again and again.

Twitter.

Forever my downfall is interacting on Twitter. I reply to Tweets every few days and that’s about it. Apart from my scheduled Tweets. I do try and send out Tweets, reply to others and get involved in conversations but I just find it so hard.

Every lunch time at work I spend ages playing Candy Crush. My new task is to reply to 5 Tweets from the people I follow every break time before getting my Candy Crush fix.

Pinterest.

I’m finally starting to see some views from Pinterest! FINALLY! But I still don’t utilise the platform enough.

I rarely schedule pins or share other pins so my amount of followers isn’t going up very fast!

My new goals is to spend 10 minutes each week scheduling new pins and repinning old pins. That’s all it takes. 10 minutes!

three blog goals

I’ll let you know how I do in a month. If I fail, then I keep the goal for the next month. If I complete the goal, I add a new one.

What do you need to improve?

untitled3

1. February 5, 2017 / 7:59 am

I just found out how helpful Pinterest is with blog traffic but I don’t know how to do it! And I love editing photos, but I sometimes suffer from writer’s block. Lol. We’re the opposite!

2. February 5, 2017 / 8:31 am

I love Pinterest but I’m pretty hopeless at utilising it for my blog. Taking photos can be such a pain too – I try to get lots of them done in one go

LuxeStyle
    Jenny recently posted…Luxe letter January 2017My Profile

3. February 5, 2017 / 8:35 am

I definitely should look into Pinterest. Every blogger says it’s important, but I have no idea how to start 🙁
    Ela recently posted…January is over!My Profile

4. February 5, 2017 / 12:02 pm

These are good goals to have! I really need to try be more active on twitter – at the moment I use hootsuite more than twitter, haha! Whenever I think of something I schedule it in hootsuite as I rarely think of things to tweet, having it scheduled out kinda spreads it out a little so it’s not one just massive stream of tweets then silence for days, haha! But it means I miss convos as I’m never browsing twitter.
    Mica recently posted…#30Wears: Balenciaga Red Velo Cross Body BagMy Profile

5. February 5, 2017 / 1:52 pm

I’m so bad with my social media, I really need to get into Twitter and Pinterest more, they’re so valuable for traffic

Elizabeth
    19 by Chance | 1415

6. February 5, 2017 / 1:58 pm

I need to improve my photography as well but I need to buy a proper camera first! It’s something I am planning to do in the future but it’s not a priority at the moment.

7. February 5, 2017 / 4:01 pm

I suck at pinterest too, so I feel you there! I have really been focusing on my photography but I still suck at it! 🙁 I need to up my twitter game too lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

8. February 5, 2017 / 4:58 pm

I suck at Pinterest pretty much to the point that I’ve actually given up on it. And I’ve really tried to fight it but there’s no point because I’m completely hopeless at it and way too lazy 🙁
    Matea recently posted…-13 degrees celsiusMy Profile

9. February 6, 2017 / 2:13 am

I definitely need to try understand Pinterest, I know many love it but I am at complete loss about it. nd yes to Twitter too, I really need to communicate more on there.
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…The Ordinary ~ Worth The Hype?My Profile

10. February 6, 2017 / 5:53 am

Aww, Pinterest, that is on my every do-to list about blogging, but never get to actually do something about it.
    I think it’s good you want to try different things with your photography. It can be very exciting if you get more props and spend time arranging things. I enjoy that a lot with my food blog.
    Anca recently posted…Date night at Printworks, ManchesterMy Profile

11. February 6, 2017 / 10:41 am

I’m no good at photographs – I really don’t have the patience! So I tend to rely on stock photo sites, espec. ones like pixabay which don’t require you to give attribution.

12. February 6, 2017 / 10:17 pm

All good goals! I like your photos by the way!
    I should improve things but inevitably I don’t!!
    Kezzie recently posted…Being a salty lampMy Profile

13. February 7, 2017 / 7:30 am

I have a love/hate relationship with blog photography! I enjoy it but I hate how long it can take to shoot and edit! I’d much rather write content all day and the images magically appear all pretty and bright!

Sarah recently posted…*Dream Destinations 2017My Profile

14. February 8, 2017 / 4:19 pm

I really want to improve my photography – a year or so ago I bought loads of props, backgrounds etc. And I never use them, because I’m too lazy and just want to get photography done quickly with no faff. I really want to make more of an effort with my photos! And I want to master Pinterest – but that might be a bit ambitious! Haha.
    Aimee recently posted…My Word For 2017My Profile

15. February 10, 2017 / 1:09 pm

I’m just considering my social media strategy and updating my website. I was interested to see someone say pinterest is good for blog traffic. Is that right? Do you have any tips or guidance?

Love your blog, so helpful and informative. I found you from Twitter!

16. February 11, 2017 / 4:14 am

The truth is that Twitter I have also neglected, I do not interact much in that network especially in commenting on other accounts, so I will have to improve that aspect.
    Rebeca recently posted…Inspiración para San ValentinMy Profile