Without meaning to cause offence, here’s the stuff I think makes you look like a dick on social media. Please find it in yourself to see the light-hearted, funny side.
- Don’t follow and then unfollow.
- Do not spam your blog link at me and ask me to check it out.
- Do not add me to 10 different lists a day. Don’t care.
- Remember when I asked for blog links because I was bored about three years ago? Yeah, don’t respond to that Tweet today, in 2017.
- Do not make a vague Tweet about how some bloggers are doing something that makes them a dick. It makes everyone paranoid. Either have the courage to confront the person you are talking about or STFU.
- The above includes talking about lying about stats or buying followers. You just look bitter.
- Don’t ask me for a follow back.
- Don’t act like you’re dev’oed over a celeb death. A celeb who totally touched your life but you never mentioned before.
- Don’t try to sell me Younique makeup.
- Don’t have digs at your ex.
- DO NOT AUTO DM ME.
- Don’t do that thing where you attempt to be on a higher moral ground than everyone else when we don’t care.
- Don’t point out that I used the wrong version of your.
- Don’t add me to a group conversation without asking me.
- Don’t talk about how shit you look then post a photo of you looking about 18 and fresh as a daisy.
- Don’t overshare your relationship. I don’t care if you farted on his winkie while spooning. That’s not cute.
- Actually, that last one is kind of funny. Do share that.
What do you think makes people a dick on social media?