Posted on January 8, 2017

My Dream Bathroom

lifestyle

5-things-68

My current bathroom is tiny. You walk in and are faced with the toilet, the sink is hidden behind the door and the bathtub is on the right. It’s painted blue and feels oppressing.

A big, bright, open bathroom is almost as important to me as a big open plan kitchen. If I was to design my own bathroom, I know exactly what key features I’d like to see in it.

A white porcelain toilet with space either side, so I don’t feel crushed like I do in my current bathroom. Trapped between the wall and the sheet of glass that acts as my shower curtain.  I’d love two large rectangle drop-in sinks or white oval lefroy brooks twin sinks. Twin sinks in a bathroom is often shown in American movies but I’ve never seen a bathroom with them in a home in the UK.

As for the shower, I love the big walk-in ones that have the massive shower head coming from the ceiling. For the bath, I’d love one of these stand-alone clawfoot tubs. I’d go for the ones with the taps in the middle and love the idea of having one that looked out onto a sea, lake or river.

Of course, my dream bathroom is one I’ll probably never be able to afford. But there’s nothing wrong with dreaming. Right?

bathroom-1336165_1280 bathroom-1597027_1280 bathroom-1622403_1280 bathroom-1872193_1280 hotel-1737171_1280 sdb-1881206_1280

untitled3

screen-shot-2016-11-23-at-18-50-22

• Reply Candice January 8, 2017 at 8:10 am

Wow all of these are magnificent! I would definitely want my bathroom to look like the third photo.

Beauty Candy Loves

• Reply Anca January 8, 2017 at 8:55 am

They all look luxurious. I have a small bathroom, but it’s pretty much what we need. I would like to make a few changes, but we’ve refurbished it 2 years ago, so that would be pointless.
    Anca recently posted…No7 Overnight Revitalising Hand TreatmentMy Profile

• Reply Jessica January 8, 2017 at 9:48 am

I love your inspiration x

Jessica — NinetyCo
    Jessica recently posted…A Green Shopping ListMy Profile

• Reply Iga Berry January 8, 2017 at 10:37 am

Second photo would be definitely my dream bathroom! Currently I am dreaming to have a bath hahaha
    Iga Berry recently posted…4 Lessons Learned | 2016My Profile

• Reply Rebecca January 8, 2017 at 12:24 pm

The first picture looks like a hotel I stayed in. When I get my own house my dream is for a huge deep bath!
    Rebecca recently posted…Earning the All Aboard Medal from Virtual Runner UKMy Profile

• Reply Kaitlynn Marie January 8, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Girl we can dream! I’m always thinking about what my dream house would look like, and it’s not too different from yours lol
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…Christmas Sweater Wishlist 2016My Profile

• Reply Darina January 8, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Wonderful ideas, love the third bathroom!
    Darina recently posted…Winter WeekendMy Profile

• Reply Imogen January 8, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Wow yes I definitely agree. I would love more space and light in mine. I had always thought white but you are tempting me with those black bathrooms near the end of the post.

• Reply Akaleistar January 8, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Those are dream worthy bathrooms!
    Akaleistar recently posted…Glossies Made Me Do It: Oprah’s Year of AdventureMy Profile

• Reply Amy January 9, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Ah your dream bathroom sounds amazing, our bathroom is quite small so I didn’t get to create my dream bathroom, we just had to work with what we had which means we’ve got a shower over the bath because we didn’t have room for separate ones!
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…Time You Enjoy Wasting Is Not Wasted TimeMy Profile

• Reply Tania Michele January 9, 2017 at 1:05 pm

omg all of these are so nice! Love the black marble one the most 🙂 Tania Michele xx

• Reply Kel January 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm

I have a tiny bathroom too, and it hurts because I love baths so much! I’d love a massive tub I could wallow in for hours…!

• Reply Kezzie January 9, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Me too Corinne! I DREAM of a large bathroom! I have never had one!!! We almost bought a house with a large bathroom but it was not to be! Realllly want a nice shower!!!
    Kezzie recently posted…Alaskan skiesMy Profile