Tasks you can do at home when you have 5 minutes to spare

5-things-44

Last week I posted about blogging tasks you can do when you have 5 minutes to spare, now I wanted to write a similar post about tasks you can do at home when you have 5 minutes to spare.

As I live on my own, it means I have to do all the cleaning. It can seem like a big task, to clean your house. But I tend to do my cleaning in bits so I don’t have to spend hours on it.

Having a clean flat is great for me mentally. It makes me feel much more productive and there’s nothing worse to coming home after a long day at work to a messy kitchen and a dirty kitchen. It makes me feel really uninspired to do anything.

Here are some things I do when I have a few minutes to spare.

2016-26

• Wash the pots.
  • Clean the hobs.
  • Go into a room and pick up everything on the floor and put it away.
  • Clean the mirrors.
  • Take washing off the airer and put it away.
  • Put a load of washing in.
  • Iron a few work shirts.
  • Change my bed sheets.
  • Tidy my desk.
  • Throw out any old or out of date food in the fridge.
  • Put the dishes away.
  • Sweep the kitchen and bathroom floor.
  • Sort out the letters and throw away the junk mail.
  • Put sink and drain unblocker down all the plug holes.
  • Clean the glass in the shower.
  • Throw away any empty shampoo or bottles in the bathroom.
  • Organise my makeup.
  • Straighten the shoes on the shoe rack.
  • Empty my handbag and throw away all the crap I don’t need.
  • Organise my purse.
  • Clean the kitchen sides.
  • Hoover the living room.
  • Organise a messy drawer.
  • Take the cushions of the sofa and give it a hoover.

How many of these tasks do you think you could get done in 5 minutes?

untitled3

1. November 29, 2016 / 9:49 am

There’s nothing worse than having a messy home. When I was living with my parents, everything was easier but now having to do everything alone is not easy. I try to do as much as possible in a limited time so that I don’t waste so much on things. Whenever there’re things to be ironed, I iron them straight away rather than piling them! x
    Ela recently posted…Budget Beauty – MUA Luxe Glow Beam Highlight CushionMy Profile

2. November 29, 2016 / 10:53 am

I’m always doing little 5 minute tasks like these when I get the chance. It’s much less daunting than trying to tackle the whole lot at the weekend! X
    Holly recently posted…From A Gap-Toothed BloggerMy Profile

3. November 29, 2016 / 12:17 pm

I always try and get a few tasks done when I have a spare few moments before work just because it means when it comes to a day off I can spend less time tidying and cleaning! So much better to get things done a bit at a time!
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…The Ideal Home Show at ChristmasMy Profile

4. November 29, 2016 / 12:23 pm

Clean the mirror is something I really should do more. I don’t know how but there’s always slashings of mascara’s on there haha! Have a lovely day 🙂

tipscapsule.blogspot.com

5. November 30, 2016 / 1:28 pm

I’m a stickler for a tidy house, and I never stand still. If I’m waiting for the kettle to boil, I’ll load the dishwasher. Waiting on some food to cook? I’ll clean the kitchen counters while I wait. It’s the best way really; so that you don’t get overloaded with stuff to do when you get home! Great post!
    Aimee recently posted…Life: November Update!My Profile

6. December 6, 2016 / 2:38 pm

I hate having a messy house. It stresses me out and I always see what needs to be done as huge so breaking it down into five minute tasks sounds like a good idea Lucy x