Posted on November 25, 2016

My favourite movies

lifestyle

5-things-42

I’m not a massive fan of movies, but there are a few I think are pretty amazing. So if you’re looking for something to watch on this awful cold nights when you don’t feel like going out, check out some of these.

The Bridge to Terabithia.

A boy at work asked me if I wanted to go to the movies years ago and we went to watch this. Thinking back, I have no idea if he meant it as a date or not but I didn’t. LOL.

Yes, that’s Peeta from Hunger Games. This is a beautiful movie that covers a range of issues that will remind you of growing up, as well of that over active imagination kids have.

Also be prepared to be heart broken.

Love me if you dare.

As I studied French at University, I have a collection of French movies. This one has to be one of my favourites that follows a story of a boy and girl who grow up together. They invented a game where they dare each other to do things and what starts out as a simple kids game, turns into something bigger.

Boyhood

This isn’t a light watch at all and be prepared to go through all the emotions. There was a particular part that made me feel like I had been punched in the stomach.

It’s an interesting movie as it’s filmed over many years. It follows the story of a boy growing up and it’s filmed as he’s aged in real life, rather than casting a different person to play the same character.

Sucker Punch

Watch the opening to this trailer and tell me you aren’t intrigued.

Then watch the movie and tell me if you think it’s real or not. Because I have no idea.

Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy

If you like Dr Who, you’ll like this comedy about Arthur, who is the last surviving human after the Earth is destroyed to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

There are plenty of laughs in there and it’s one of those movies that is very different to ones you’ve seen before.

What’s your favourite movie?

untitled3

• Reply Sarah November 25, 2016 at 7:55 am

Boyhood! Yes! I think it took me two nights to watch it but it was phenomenal and I loved how they used all the same actors/actresses it made for a really interesting filming experience! Hitchhikers is a great film too!

I watched the Sucker Punch opening – that was INTENSE! I need to see that film now, that’s not at all what I was expecting!

I’d reccomend Room, watched it the other week and it was REALLY good!

Sarah recently posted…Lush Lock In – Christmas 2016My Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves November 25, 2016 at 2:49 pm

We recently rewatched the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy! Yes it’s quite different and they did a good job of adapting it from the book.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Holiday Gift Guide : Under $30My Profile

• Reply Alissa November 25, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Bridge to Terabithia moved me to tears. :'( I also love Boyhood, wow the effort and time they’ve gone through to make the whole movie.
    Alissa recently posted…City of Smiles: Campuestohan Highland ResortMy Profile

• Reply Mica November 25, 2016 at 9:32 pm

I have only seen one of these movies, haha! I was a bit unimpressed with the Hitchhiker’s guide movie but I loved the books so much I guess it was unlikely I’d enjoy the movie the same amount!

• Reply Shireen L. Platt November 25, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I need to watch Bridge to Terabithia, it sounds like my kind of movie! My all tine favourite has to be Man on Fire, John Q and Remember The Titans, I am a huge Denzel Washington fan!
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Glowing, Radiant Skin In Winter With The New Paula’s Choice RESIST Brightening Essence and Radiance Renewal MaskMy Profile

• Reply Erin November 25, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I haven’t seen any of these *its ok to slap me lol* You have me wanting to try them now though! my favourite movies are The Wedding Singer & Drop Dead Fred lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Reply Akaleistar November 26, 2016 at 2:44 am

It’s been ages since I’ve seen Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy! I need to watch it again 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…Pressies for Everyone on Your ListMy Profile

• Reply Kaitlynn Marie November 26, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Boyhood was such a good movie! But whoa Sucker Punch looks amazing! I’ll be watching that, for sure. Bridge to Terabithia was a pretty good movie, but I wasn’t in love with it. I never watched Hitchhikers Guide but we did an assignment based on it (the book I think) in 8th grade lol
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…My Tattoos & PiercingsMy Profile

• Reply Nikki-ann November 26, 2016 at 9:38 pm

The only one I’ve seen of these is The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to The Galaxy. I’ll check out the others, thanks 🙂
    Nikki-ann recently posted…PhoenixFire Designs – Handcrafted JewelleryMy Profile