When you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes during the day, whether that’s waiting for your food to be ready, a few minutes before your favourite TV show starts or a bit of time before you have to go pick the kids up from school or go to work, what are you usually doing?
Me? I’m mindlessly refreshing social media. Not productive at all.
But if you apply yourself, you can get quite a bit done in those spare moments you have each day.
Here are a few blog related tasks you can do in only a few minutes:
- Read and comment on 5 new blogs.
- Reply to your e-mails.
- Brainstorm new blog posts.
- Get interactive and Twitter and reply some Tweets.
- Like and comment on some Instagram photos.
- Schedule some Tweets.
- Create a Pin about your latest blog post.
- Re-Pin 5 pins.
- Edit some photos.
- Get onto Amazon and make a wishlist for an upcoming post.
- Browse Bloglovin for Inspiration.
- Add alt tags to some images.
- Update your ‘about’ page.
- Take some photos.
- Respond to comments
- Take part in an Instagram comment pod.
- Proof read tomorrows post.
- Re-tweet 5 useful blog posts in your feed.
- Tell a blogger how much you loved their latest post.
- Schedule some Pins.
- Take some photos to post to Instagram over the next few days.
- Tweet some positive quotes.
- Change your profile photos.
- Change your featured images on your blogs slider.
- Update your WordPress plugins.
- Check your Google Analytics.
- See which blog posts have been most popular over the past month.
What tasks take you only 5 minutes?