Blog tasks you can do when you have 5 minutes to spare.

quick blog tasks

Having a chance to sit down for a few hours every day in front of a computer to sort out your blog is a luxury not all of us have. Work, kids, other hobbies, having a life – these are all things that get in the way.

When you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes during the day, whether that’s waiting for your food to be ready, a few minutes before your favourite TV show starts or a bit of time before you have to go pick the kids up from school or go to work, what are you usually doing?

Me? I’m mindlessly refreshing social media. Not productive at all.

But if you apply yourself, you can get quite a bit done in those spare moments you have each day.

Here are a few blog related tasks you can do in only a few minutes:

quick blog tasks

• Read and comment on 5 new blogs.
  • Reply to your e-mails.
  • Brainstorm new blog posts.
  • Get interactive and Twitter and reply some Tweets.
  • Like and comment on some Instagram photos.
  • Schedule some Tweets.
  • Create a Pin about your latest blog post.
  • Re-Pin 5 pins.
  • Edit some photos.
  • Get onto Amazon and make a wishlist for an upcoming post.
  • Browse Bloglovin for Inspiration.
  • Add alt tags to some images.
  • Update your ‘about’ page.
  • Take some photos.
  • Respond to comments
  • Take part in an Instagram comment pod.
  • Proof read tomorrows post.
  • Re-tweet 5 useful blog posts in your feed.
  • Tell a blogger how much you loved their latest post.
  • Schedule some Pins.
  • Take some photos to post to Instagram over the next few days.
  • Tweet some positive quotes.
  • Change your profile photos.
  • Change your featured images on your blogs slider.
  • Update your WordPress plugins.
  • Check your Google Analytics.
  • See which blog posts have been most popular over the past month.

What tasks take you only 5 minutes?

untitled3

1. November 19, 2016 / 11:24 am

Iโ€™m mindlessly refreshing social media too. I should print this list and have it with me.
    Anca recently posted…Edinburgh CastleMy Profile

2. November 19, 2016 / 3:43 pm

The main things I do when I only have 5 minutes is reply to comments on my blog and comment on other people’s blogs – it’s great to try and fit things in whenever you can then they don’t get on top of you!
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…PleatsMy Profile

3. November 19, 2016 / 4:44 pm

I would have to say social media! I think I could probably do that in my sleep! This is a great post! And it’s all so easy to do!

4. November 19, 2016 / 5:04 pm

Great 5 minute tips! Sometimes you think these things take longer than they do ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been quite productive today – taking photos for 2 blog posts, writing and posting 1 blog post, social media posting and blog commenting.
    Nikki-ann recently posted…Stationery Saturday: Fountain Pen Day GoodiesMy Profile

5. November 19, 2016 / 6:25 pm

I really want to get on board with comment pods for IG, mine is so slow ๐Ÿ™ But I need to start getting used to using my little 5 mins to do something worthwhile!

Erin || MakeErinOver
    Erin recently posted…Make Up: The Autumnal EditMy Profile

6. November 19, 2016 / 6:48 pm

These are good ideas for sure! I am right there with you mindlessly scrolling and refreshing social media in my spare time, lol
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…Top 10 Most Played SongsMy Profile

7. November 19, 2016 / 7:37 pm

You’rw right.
    I should print your list and do it!
    Regards from Portugal,
    Paulo

8. November 20, 2016 / 8:55 am

Such a good idea, I always think I have no time but I can always find five minutes and put it to good use somehow. Thank you! x

9. November 20, 2016 / 1:34 pm

I’m trying to be more productive in my spare time, but there’s some things on here I hadn’t considered! Thanks for the tips!

Sammy x | http://www.cityofsimplicity.co.uk

10. November 20, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Commenting on other blogs is something I always try to do when I have some time to spare, the problem is I usually get so engrossed in the post or the previous comments that I’ll be lucky to 1 comment in 5 minutes haha!

Sarah ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sarah recently posted…20 Christmas Blog Post Ideas!My Profile

11. November 23, 2016 / 3:51 pm

This is awesome! I’ve found it so useful, there is so much more I should be doing from this list. Thank you for sharing is, I’m going to keep referring back to this whenever I need some motivation and inspiration ๐Ÿ™‚

VioletDaffodils
    xx

12. November 27, 2016 / 1:48 am

This is a fantastic list of ideas! Thank you!

13. December 4, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Good ideas, thanks for sharing! xx

MintyMemories.blogspot.com

14. January 9, 2017 / 5:37 pm

I have never thought about how five minutes of your day can be so productive! … unless someone’s going to update their profile picture every day or every five minutes haha.
    Love this list!

15. January 9, 2017 / 5:41 pm

Love this list! It’s crazy to think how much time we waste but sometimes social media still wins :<