Posted on November 19, 2016

Blog tasks you can do when you have 5 minutes to spare.

blog tips

quick blog tasks

Having a chance to sit down for a few hours every day in front of a computer to sort out your blog is a luxury not all of us have. Work, kids, other hobbies, having a life – these are all things that get in the way.

When you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes during the day, whether that’s waiting for your food to be ready, a few minutes before your favourite TV show starts or a bit of time before you have to go pick the kids up from school or go to work, what are you usually doing?

Me? I’m mindlessly refreshing social media. Not productive at all.

But if you apply yourself, you can get quite a bit done in those spare moments you have each day.

Here are a few blog related tasks you can do in only a few minutes:

quick blog tasks

• Read and comment on 5 new blogs.
  • Reply to your e-mails.
  • Brainstorm new blog posts.
  • Get interactive and Twitter and reply some Tweets.
  • Like and comment on some Instagram photos.
  • Schedule some Tweets.
  • Create a Pin about your latest blog post.
  • Re-Pin 5 pins.
  • Edit some photos.
  • Get onto Amazon and make a wishlist for an upcoming post.
  • Browse Bloglovin for Inspiration.
  • Add alt tags to some images.
  • Update your ‘about’ page.
  • Take some photos.
  • Respond to comments
  • Take part in an Instagram comment pod.
  • Proof read tomorrows post.
  • Re-tweet 5 useful blog posts in your feed.
  • Tell a blogger how much you loved their latest post.
  • Schedule some Pins.
  • Take some photos to post to Instagram over the next few days.
  • Tweet some positive quotes.
  • Change your profile photos.
  • Change your featured images on your blogs slider.
  • Update your WordPress plugins.
  • Check your Google Analytics.
  • See which blog posts have been most popular over the past month.

What tasks take you only 5 minutes?

untitled3

• Reply Anca November 19, 2016 at 11:24 am

I’m mindlessly refreshing social media too. I should print this list and have it with me.
    Anca recently posted…Edinburgh CastleMy Profile

• Reply Amy November 19, 2016 at 3:43 pm

The main things I do when I only have 5 minutes is reply to comments on my blog and comment on other people’s blogs – it’s great to try and fit things in whenever you can then they don’t get on top of you!
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…PleatsMy Profile

• Reply Stephanie November 19, 2016 at 4:44 pm

I would have to say social media! I think I could probably do that in my sleep! This is a great post! And it’s all so easy to do!

• Reply Nikki-ann November 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm

Great 5 minute tips! Sometimes you think these things take longer than they do 🙂

I’ve been quite productive today – taking photos for 2 blog posts, writing and posting 1 blog post, social media posting and blog commenting.
    Nikki-ann recently posted…Stationery Saturday: Fountain Pen Day GoodiesMy Profile

• Reply Erin November 19, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I really want to get on board with comment pods for IG, mine is so slow 🙁 But I need to start getting used to using my little 5 mins to do something worthwhile!

Erin || MakeErinOver
    Erin recently posted…Make Up: The Autumnal EditMy Profile

• Reply Kaitlynn Marie November 19, 2016 at 6:48 pm

These are good ideas for sure! I am right there with you mindlessly scrolling and refreshing social media in my spare time, lol
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…Top 10 Most Played SongsMy Profile

• Reply Paulo Vasco Pereira November 19, 2016 at 7:37 pm

You’rw right.
    I should print your list and do it!
    Regards from Portugal,
    Paulo

• Reply Petra November 19, 2016 at 7:57 pm

When I have 5 mins to spare I tend to reply to my emails first. I think it’s all about prioritising and doing the thing which is the most important first. I find replying to my blog’s comment quite important as well so I tend to do that sooner rather than later.
    Petra recently posted…Why you should use strength training to compliment your cardio workoutsMy Profile

• Reply Claire Talks Beauty November 19, 2016 at 9:50 pm

wow great list ! i really want to print it and put it on my office 🙂

Claire From http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

• Reply Akaleistar November 20, 2016 at 3:06 am

What an awesome list!
    Akaleistar recently posted…What to Wear to Thanksgiving DinnerMy Profile

• Reply Amy Rutter November 20, 2016 at 8:55 am

Such a good idea, I always think I have no time but I can always find five minutes and put it to good use somehow. Thank you! x

• Reply Sammy November 20, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I’m trying to be more productive in my spare time, but there’s some things on here I hadn’t considered! Thanks for the tips!

Sammy x | http://www.cityofsimplicity.co.uk

• Reply Sarah November 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Commenting on other blogs is something I always try to do when I have some time to spare, the problem is I usually get so engrossed in the post or the previous comments that I’ll be lucky to 1 comment in 5 minutes haha!

Sarah recently posted…20 Christmas Blog Post Ideas!My Profile

• Reply Cee Arr November 21, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Great ideas! 🙂
    Cee Arr recently posted…Introducing Disability Diaries – Sign-Up Now OpenMy Profile

• Reply Kate November 23, 2016 at 3:51 pm

This is awesome! I’ve found it so useful, there is so much more I should be doing from this list. Thank you for sharing is, I’m going to keep referring back to this whenever I need some motivation and inspiration 🙂

VioletDaffodils
    xx

• Reply Aimee November 23, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Great ideas – this will really help me up my blogging game! Thanks.
    Aimee recently posted…My Five Favourite Film Adaptations*My Profile

• Reply Carrie Mann November 27, 2016 at 1:48 am

This is a fantastic list of ideas! Thank you!

• Reply Laura Lovett December 4, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Good ideas, thanks for sharing! xx

MintyMemories.blogspot.com

• Reply 2016 Bloggers’ Posts Roundup – simplybeingkim December 27, 2016 at 6:21 pm

[…] Blog Tasks You Can Do in 5 Minutes by SkinnedCarTree […]

• Reply Vika January 9, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I have never thought about how five minutes of your day can be so productive! … unless someone’s going to update their profile picture every day or every five minutes haha.
    Love this list!

• Reply Vika January 9, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Love this list! It’s crazy to think how much time we waste but sometimes social media still wins :<