Living Room Vibes

livingroom

Who is obsessed with her new flat? ME ME ME ME MEEEEE.

To keep up with my new flat obsession. Take a look at my previous posts:

I’m moving through the house by room, I’m currently trying to perfect the living room. No room is completely sorted yet, but getting there. I’ve been looking at various things online, hoping to get some inspiration.

My flat is furnished already with a two seater sofa. It’s not amazing, but it’s okay for now. If I bought this flat, I’d look into getting a new one to base the decor around.

I hopped over to  Fish Pools to look at their sofas. I really would LOVE to get a corner sofa, but that wouldn’t work in my current set up. I love fabric sofas, not only for ethical reasons, but I hate how leather sofas can get freezing in the winter, but you can stick to them in the summer. FABRIC ALL THE WAY. Luckily Fish Pools have a category separating this for me, so I went over to the fabric section and had a browse.

I’m loving the type that have a few cushions across the back rather than 2 or 3 big back cushions. This is one I’d love to pick out for myself:

living room decor ideas

With the sofa picked, it’s time to look for other things.

A rug, a coffee table, lamps, ornaments. Wall art.

I know where I’m going for the wall art. Straight to my friend DorkFaces’s Etsy shop. I know she has some new black and white prints. I have just bought some colour prints from her, but I’ll save them for a different post. I’m also loving the prints from Tarnya’s shop lately, she has some amazing Disney and Harry Potter watercolours.

I’d have them in a row of three with Jemma’s black and white prints at the end and Tarnya’s colourful mermaid print in the middle like this:

living room decor dorkface

Next for lamps, I did go to Zara Home, but it was very disappointing, so I went to the lighting section of House of Fraser and I can’t pick between these three:

living room decor

Either way, it would be 2 lamps on either side of the sofa. Ohhh.

The rugs from Zara home, on the other hand, are SPOT ON. Here’s the three I can’t pick between, help.

living room decor ideas

I’m going to end this there, although I could spend hours going into more detail and looking for frames, coffee tables, coasters, TV stands, mirrors, door nobs and more, haha.

How would you style your living room?

Untitled3 copySponsored post. All views are my own.

1. August 14, 2016 / 7:57 am

The sofa looks great. I had a fabric sofa before, now I have a faux leather sofa. I like both of them, for different reasons. I was thinking as you, that the leather one will be less nice, but there aren’t any issues with it. In the summer is not that hot in our living room and in the winter the heating is on. I was delighted to be able to buy a leather sofa and, from what the salesman told me, this faux leather sofas will be more and more available as there is a demand for them, for ethical reasons.
    Anca recently posted…PenrithMy Profile

2. August 14, 2016 / 9:16 am

The sofa looks wonderful, I love that style! And I love the right lamp and I would choose the left rug 🙂
    Darina recently posted…An house in ProvenceMy Profile

3. August 14, 2016 / 12:20 pm

Styling your house is so much fun! I remember when we first bought our home, I spent so much money on cushions, throws, decorations etc. Oh, who am I kidding?! I still do! I can’t go into a shop without coming out with something for the house these days.
    Aimee recently posted…Haul Post!My Profile

4. August 14, 2016 / 1:36 pm

I;d style my living room with you in it, bc I LOVE YOU

5. August 14, 2016 / 4:07 pm

I definitely agree that fabric sofas are so much better than leather, cannot be doing sticking to the sofa haha. I love the grey zig zag rug the best but all three are lovely! I’m currently scouring Etsy for prints for our living room too.
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…How Blogging Has Made Me Less BitchyMy Profile

6. August 14, 2016 / 8:32 pm

I am obsessed with home decor, always. Zara home is DANGEROUS! thank goodness there isn’t really any in my area, or H&M home. My go to is always Next Home, and TK MAXX!

Erin || MakeErinOver

7. August 14, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Who’s obsessed with reading about your obsession with your new flat? MEEEEE.
    The more I read about it, the more I want to live on my own too! I’m moving into a studio for my final year of uni soon but that isn’t quite the same. PS, that sofa is AMAZING. I’ve never seen one before where the back is all cushions…and now I’m in love. xx

Grab Your Camera x
    Claire recently posted…The Job Hunt | SpotlightMy Profile

8. August 15, 2016 / 2:19 am

Shopping for furniture and home decor has to be one of the most fun aspects about moving into a new home. That sofa has a great contemporary style. The exposed nail detail is really cool and it looks super comfy!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Eye Candy : Shin Min Ah for Marie ClaireMy Profile

9. August 15, 2016 / 5:54 am

Oh that little mermaid print is awesome! 😀 So tempted to get it for my cousin, we both love the movie!

Decorating a new place is one of the best things, hope you have fun setting everything up the way you like it 🙂
    Mica recently posted…Jeans, Converse, Red Scarves and Rebecca Minkoff Saddle BagMy Profile

10. August 15, 2016 / 11:11 am

There are so many things I want to change in my place too! I already started slowly, but some of the things I want are so expensive that I am trying to find the budget alternatives *fingers crossed* I like to keep things minimal like Scandinavian interior, hopefully I will manage to get it the way I want it to be. When it is a rented place, your options are limited, you can’t really do much! :/ x
    Ela recently posted…5 Ways to Make Monday BetterMy Profile

11. August 15, 2016 / 9:10 pm

This sofa looks amazing, wish I could have it instead of this leather one that came with the apartment and my boyfriend and I both hate it (yes, it’s freezing in the winter, too hot in the summer and when you change positions it makes some annoying noise that sounds a lot like farting) but can’t get rid of it currently.
    Loving this artwork selection and all three rugs are perfect – I would probably choose 1st or 3rd, even though the 1st one is hard to maintain because it’s too white.
    Matea recently posted…Little Things I’m Grateful For (12) – Rovinj editionMy Profile

12. August 16, 2016 / 6:35 pm

I like your choices. We have a maaassive grey furry rug in our living room that I love lying on!!! You could cover your sofa in a pretty throw maybe if you aren’t fond!?
    Kezzie recently posted…Le Dordogne jaunt 3- Lascaux and a castleMy Profile