Things I’ve been buying lately

5 things (44)

It’s been a week since I moved into my new flat, where I now live alone.

I love it.

At first, I was worried that I’d be scared of being on my own at night. Especially as I’m on the ground floor. I had fears that I’d wake up in the middle of the night and someone would be peering through the window at me, or I’d hear footsteps around my room and freak out.

Thankfully, that hasn’t happened.

I feel pretty safe here. Also, there’s 2 big metal gates with a padlock to access my drive/back garden so if someone wanted to peek through my bedroom window, they’d have to climb over it and I’m pretty sure I’d hear that!

I’m sure nobody cares enough about me to stalk me anyway. I’m boring and average.

But I love it here. My new flat is my favourite thing in the world. It’s so much nicer than I remember it during viewing and I’m so happy here.

My old house just felt so dark and dingy. This is so light and airy. Plus I love having my own office separate from my bedroom. It’s fab.

That aside, I went to Tesco a couple weeks before I moved in to buy some new things. I couldn’t get everything I wanted from there, so ended up doing a big Amazon shop to get some bits and pieces for my new place. Here’s what I ordered:

amazon

iphone 6plus case

tea holder

utensils

cutlery drawer

alice in wonderland cushions

Those are the photos of my new things in my new flat. I picked well, whooo.

The only problem is the Tea/Coffee/Sugar things were damaged. The meek driver handed them over and they rattled. The sugar pot was completely broken and the coffee one was damaged. The tea one was fine, so I’m using that for now. I did get a full refund from Amazon for the damage, though!

I love the Alice in Wonderland cushions. But I just want to be honest and say that they are made out of a woven type material and aren’t very comfy.

I also love the knives and forks with the fancy detail on them. I saw similar ones in Zara Home and these came at a much better price.

I’ll be doing more posts about my new home as I get more settled in!

Untitled3 copy

1. July 22, 2016 / 10:19 am

The Alice in Wonderland cushions are so cute, I’m a sucker for any kind of home ware blog post. Got to love a good Amazon haul. Hope you enjoy your new flat.

x
    Catriona recently posted…Books, Ikea, and LemonsMy Profile

2. July 22, 2016 / 12:29 pm

I love the cushions!

3. July 22, 2016 / 2:03 pm

The Pyrex jug & bowl set is fab, I’m very happy with this brand. The cushions are so funny, I love them. xx
    Anca recently posted…Pick Your OwnMy Profile

4. July 22, 2016 / 2:52 pm

I love the Alice in Wonderland cushions – It’s my favourite book. Massive shame that they’re not that comfy though! Have fun in your new flat! 🙂 xx
    Emily recently posted…Summer Accessory LustingMy Profile

5. July 22, 2016 / 2:55 pm

I don’t think there is anything more exciting than getting settled in a new flat! Moving can be such a pain, but there is always something so satisfying about buying bits and pieces to make a new place feel like home. I hope you are happy in your new place! I think your new cushions are my favourite. I love a bit of whimsy!
    xo, Rowan | rowanmorrissy.com

6. July 22, 2016 / 4:26 pm

I love those cushions! It’s the best feeling – kitting out your new home with all the bits you want. Three years on, I still can’t stop myself buying bits for the home! x
    Aimee recently posted…Learning To Drive!My Profile

7. July 22, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Stop thinking things like that 🙂 Lock your door and you are safe 😀 I love buying new house stuff, it is fun to check online and stores. Alice cushions are so pretty! Also yummy bunny case is adorable! x
    Ela recently posted…10 Hottest Beauty Trends in 2016My Profile

8. July 22, 2016 / 8:37 pm

Sounds like you’re settling into living alone really nicely, Corinne! And how cute are those Alice in Wonderland pillows? You purchase some good stuff, maybe do an apartment tour once you finish decorating?
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…BRAND SPOTLIGHT: Jarvis CosmeticsMy Profile

9. July 22, 2016 / 10:51 pm

I’ve always loved Alice In Wonderland! Those look adorable! We recently moved as well! Even though I actually have things in their proper place, organization, well that’s another topic! Congrats!

10. July 27, 2016 / 11:22 am

Buying new things for your home is the best. I love the cushions. I need to get more pictures to brighten up our flat Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…How to overhaul your makeupMy Profile

11. August 2, 2016 / 11:38 pm

I really love your Alice in wonderland cushions! They are beauties. Your choices are so lovely! I find that online shopping is the worst for me because I spend so much money on stuff that I really shouldn’t! It’s easy to just order everything you like. I have received moved but I’ve been redecorating so that means buying lost of new things as well! It’s great that you settling in and making everything your own.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl recently posted…TheLifeOfAGlasgowGirl GiveawayMy Profile