Posted on July 23, 2016

Why I stopped sharing my stats and income reports.

blog tips/ lifestyle

I’m pretty sure most of you have read at least one of my stat and income reports. They usually do really well. You nosey lot love digging into the nitty gritty and seeing how many views and how much dollar I’m getting a month.

I don’t blame you. I love knowing other bloggers stats, too.

If you’ve not read, then you can find them here:

DSC_0033

I decided not to do one in June. I probably won’t do one in July either.

You might wonder why when I get ALL THE VIEWS and social media attention from them. I love me some social media attention.

The thing is, I’m going through one of those phases where I just don’t care about stats anymore. I know, shocking, right? I’m always banging on about how much I love numbers and tracking things. Now I’m saying DON’T CARE.

This happens, though. I have times when all I want to do is increase my views and get more Instagram followers. Then I have times when I don’t care.

Well, that’s a lie.

I do care. I just care less.

Obviously, a big part of this has been LIFE. I’ve just moved house, I’ve been busy lately, I have a lot going on at work so my mind has been obsessing over other things than my bounce rate.

I’m also now on an electric meter. They’re the only stats I’ve been obsessing over lately. I’ve been in this house a week and used about a fiver of leccy. I check it like a million times a day. I don’t know why.  Please can you all let me know how much you’ve got on your meter? If you’re not on a meter, how much you spend a month on electric. I need to know. Come on, it’s fun.

I’ve forgotten what I was trying to say.

Oh yes. Sometimes life gets in the way and priorities change. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this in my why I care about pageviews post.

DSC_0038

So now I’m at a point in my life where I’m not obsessing over growing my blog, I just wanted to let you know. I’m just really content with how things are now. I’m still blogging daily, so spending a lot of time on the site. But less time checking and tracking stats.

This will pass, though. In a few months. I expect in September/October time. I seem to always feel like this at this time of year.

Another reason I stopped doing the posts is that my stats have been pretty stable over the last few months. The amount followers I gain each month is pretty similar and there aren’t any massive changes in my page views.

So unless anything drastic happens over the next few months, I likely won’t post any more stat updates until January.

So there. Just wanted to let you know.

Do you even care?

Do you go through phases where you care less about stats and blog growth?

Untitled3 copy

• Reply Aimee July 23, 2016 at 10:00 am

I definitely go through phases like this. At the moment, I’m quite on it with regards to my stats and views. But a few months back I wasn’t bothered. It fluctuates. Also I pay about 20 quid for electric 😉

• Reply Nic July 23, 2016 at 10:11 am

On a meter I’ve found it’s about a pound a day 🙂 that includes the standing charge 😉
      Nic recently posted…Z-DayMy Profile

• Reply Jessica Cook July 23, 2016 at 10:10 am

Oh yes I go through those phases I think as bloggers and people on social media its kinda hard not too, http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

• Reply Darina July 23, 2016 at 11:55 am

I totally agree. In the beginning I was really obsessed by my stats and now I let it go. What I want is writing and photographing and to inspire my readers. That’s the important thing.
    Darina recently posted…Parisienne Diary | The Best Rooftop Terraces of ParisMy Profile

• Reply Amy July 23, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Aw i enjoyed nosying into ur income haha. Maybe you can do meter updates instead! 😛 x
    Amy recently posted…Where is Emma Butler’s Life Plan? By Julia Wilmot – GIVEAWAYMy Profile

• Reply Carina July 23, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I also go through phases, but that’s normal. Now I just want to get better and improve, don’t over-obsess over stats. Thanks for sharing!

xo

• Reply Kim Carberry July 23, 2016 at 8:49 pm

I stop caring about my stats in the summer months….I know the majority of my readers are parents like me and are out enjoying the nice weather. I hope you are happy in your new home. x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A photo everyday for a year! #Project366 – Week 29My Profile

• Reply Nicole July 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I know exactly how you feel! I go through phases like this all the time! At the moment I am obsessed with my stats, espically Twitter! I just find them so interesting xx

Thrifty vintage fashion
    Nicole recently posted…Basic CSS Tips And Tricks To Improve Your BlogMy Profile

• Reply Erin July 23, 2016 at 10:26 pm

I love being nosey at your stats, but agree sometimes I care a lot less about them than other days, how it should be! 🙂 As for the electric meter I don’t have a top up one, but I am about £1.5o a day.. try putting £40 at the start of the month and work out monthly rather than hourly 😛 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Reply Holly July 24, 2016 at 12:11 am

I’m spending about £40 a month on electricity at the moment but in winter it sky rockets to about £200 because we have underfloor heating! X

• Reply Anett July 24, 2016 at 1:42 am

Thanks for sharing! I used to check my stats all the time, but then I also realized how much of a waste of time it was. The fact that they’re kind of stable now must have contributed to that as well, I guess.

Bella Pummarola
    Anett recently posted…Music Style Icon: Rihanna – Farfetch x Apple Music ContestMy Profile

• Reply Jemma July 25, 2016 at 2:50 am

Just popping by to say luff yoooooou
    Jemma recently posted…Daily Lipsticks For Each Side Of My PersonalityMy Profile

• Reply Jennifer Helen July 25, 2016 at 9:32 am

I love this post – it’s so true. I wish I didn’t care as much about my blog stats but because I’ve had a couple of weeks off for some family stuff, they are low and I want them to be higher!

• Reply Fashion and Frappes July 25, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I think strangely I cared more as a new blogger – when I didn’t actually have stats to care about! But you are right – the more I have been blogging, the less I care. I am more interested in ensuring I have a good editorial calendar and brainstorming new posts than tracking stats. Also I guess the novelty of it is gone. One thing I thought of is maybe you could do a quarterly report instead of a monthly one? In case you want to of course but find it too tedious to do once a month.
    Fashion and Frappes recently posted…Five ThingsMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt July 26, 2016 at 12:31 am

It seems like you are concentrating more on your real life than online life for now, Corinne. I think it’s normal as you are adjusting to new surroundings for now. xx
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…BRAND SPOTLIGHT: Veeda 100% All Natural Cotton Feminine CareMy Profile

• Reply Tania Michele July 26, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I’m sort of the same right now and have been for about 2 months! I started full time at work, so I’m too busy worrying about that – not my page views! I still look now and then, and at my twitter stats, but I’m just not in the mood to actively do anything about it after working! Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk
    Tania Michele recently posted…Picture Perfect #5My Profile

• Reply Patchesoft July 29, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I find that as long as I stay consistent with them it doesn’t really matter what I make from them. I’m not comparing myself to anyone else, it’s just a nice little reminder of how well or how badly I’ve done haha.

• Reply Get Two Fit August 1, 2016 at 5:49 am

As super-new bloggers, we’re trying really hard to avoid falling into the numbers game, since we’ve seen so much advice that’s stated how important it is to just focus on your content. But at the same time, it can be super-motivating when you’re doing well. I know that we have to avoid that, since that just means crashing when progress starts to get slower, but… For now… We definitely breathe pageviews and new followers.
    Get Two Fit recently posted…Comment on Forgotten Superfoods: Don’t let greens get all the glory by Texas Hash Recipe: healthy dinner in 30 minutes! – Get Two FitMy Profile

• Reply The Sunday Mode August 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm

For sure I go through phases as well. I used to check my Google Analytics stats all the time when I first started blogging and now I’m so much more relaxed about it all.

• Reply Deimante Baurinaite August 5, 2016 at 4:27 pm

I’m a bad blogger when it comes to stats I would much rather spend that time editing photos or reading other blogs. I should probably do it a little more though! haha

Dei x

• Reply Ritcha Rao August 15, 2016 at 5:47 am

I guess such phases come in every bloggers life!! Very interesting and useful post!

Have a wonderful week ahead 🙂
    Ritcha Rao recently posted…Shining In Sunshine With FirmooMy Profile

• Reply Stacey Loring August 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I never understood why bloggers share this information. Do we share hoe much we earn at our day job? I usually never read them because I find a lot of them are basically selling one of their ecourses, with the thought process of “take my course and you can earn this much too”. I actually wrote a post on this. I’m not sure when it’s scheduled because I’m one of those wackos who has stuff scheduled out a month in advance.

Anyway….last month my electric bill was $264, but I’m sure this month’s will be disgustingly higher, as July and August are killers.
    Stacey Loring recently posted…Life After Death: My Dead Brother Yelled At MeMy Profile

• Reply Corinne August 17, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I share them because people are interested in how much you can earn online. I’m not doing it to sell anything, just to help people.

If you don’t want to read them, then you can just, like, not read them? I have no issue with discussing how much I earn at my day job, either. Money isn’t something to be ashamed of.

• Reply Tina August 22, 2016 at 1:40 pm

I so get the meter thing, I like to compare and make sure I don’t use crazy amounts. Mine is about £20 a month, I don’t know how I do so well on it. It’s mostly tv, kettle and showers! Gas is a bit more, less is summer due to no heating.

• Reply Shazeda Bee August 24, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Ahh I looked forward to those but I totally understand the reason and hope to one day be less self conscious about page views and followers

• Reply Lucy Read August 25, 2016 at 10:00 am

I definitely go through waves of caring about different things on my blog. Most of what I focus on is dependent on the time I have. I try to over think all of the things I want to do on the blog as it frustrates the hell out of me. Focusing on different things at different points makes sense. I love your reports but can totally understand the change of focus Lucy x

• Reply Tania September 10, 2016 at 5:40 pm

This was such a relief to read! I’ve been less interested in my stats recently because, well, life! I’ve felt like I’m not actively working on my stats goals & have felt a little guilty about it. So it’s good to know that I’m not the only one. That it’s completely natural & doesn’t mean that I don’t care about my blog. Xx

Tania | When Tania Talks
    Tania recently posted…Korean Face Mask Review: Lovely Your SkinMy Profile

• Reply Shayne September 19, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I went through a phase where it actually affected me, I was down and out about clicks and compared myself and the blog to others. But I actually dont care anymore, its much more happier, just to continue doing what I love to do and not bother about the rest. I mean today there are blogs with horrible content and terrible pics who have good clicks.

• Reply Amy-Anne Williams September 19, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I definitely go through those phases too so I know where you’re coming from. Sometimes it’s hard to give a damn about little numbers and stuff, isn’t it?

Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

• Reply Lisa Valentine | That British Betty Blog November 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Snap. I gave up my blog of two years with a good DA and following in Aug this year after it’d become a string of sponsored posts. I’d fallen out of love with it. I started my new ‘Dear Diary’ site in September and am not remotely bothered about my rankings. I just adore writing what I want, whenever I want now 🙂 PS we’re on a meter and use about £25 a week