Starting YouTube again

youtube

About 5 years ago, I decided I wanted to give vlogging a go.

For a few months, I was uploading vlogs almost daily. I wasn’t getting many views, I wasn’t sure how to gain an audience and if I’m perfectly honest, editing myself SUCKED.

I HATE THE SOUND OF MY VOICE.

It couldn’t be more different to how I think I sound. Which I know is because of how sound travels – I’ve looked it up in desperation. Apparently a lot of people hate the way the sound, but I’m convinced I hate the way I sound more than anyone else. I sound like an 8 year old boy and I think I speak quite.. choppy.. rather than smoothly. Is that even a thing?

I actually think it’s the worst thing about me. Every time I meet someone new, or go on a date, or have to speak in front of people I think that they’ll hear my voice and hate me. It’s pretty doom.

Before my first blog meet up, I worryingly said to Lilly that I was nervous because of how I sound. She replied saying something along the lines of I sound immature. I can’t remember how she worded it exactly, but it didn’t fill me with confidence. Lilly, if you are reading this, I forgot I owe you a punch for that one!

So I quit vlogging years ago because I was grating on myself and it gave me a kind of self-awareness I wasn’t comfortable with.

I hope that when I turn 30 on Saturday, my voice breaks and I get one of those really sexy women voices. That’s what I want for my birthday, a nice voice.

Come at me, puberty.

As per my post last week, when I said things I was going to do when I’m 30, one of those things was to stop caring about what other people think. Another thing was to stop putting myself down so much.

So yeah, I’m going to give YouTube a smash again. Even if I am awkward as well because I’m hoping in time I’ll learn to be okay with myself. and also get better.

Things will get better, right?

I have no real plans around it, just when I do something interesting, I’ll make a video. That might be once a month, might be once a week.

So here are two videos I’ve done recently:

So please thumbs up, comment, subscribe and all that stuff.

I’m most likely to do more videos when I move house.

I’ll likely be vlogging my 30th birthday and my trip to London with Hayley from TeaPartyBeauty on the 5th July – I’m going to a few press events, so that will be fun!

If you know me, you’ll know that I’m rubbish with celebrity names – so if you want to have a laff at how stupid I am, then check out this video my housemate took of me in 2011 when I was drunk and invaded her bedroom.

I was put to the ULTIMATE TEST of being made to guess the names of famous people.

Of course I did failure.

Untitled3 copy

1. July 3, 2016 / 9:26 am

Wow! What wonderful news. I very much look forward to you having youtube again. I tried it for a short time but stopped for many reasons…time and the editing were big reasons but the main one was my voice, I hate the sound of it…so I totally get what you mean.
    Imogen recently posted…OutfitMy Profile

2. July 3, 2016 / 10:22 am

Brilliant news look forward to watching your video’s. I have committed this year to doing more food related video’s in my blog but not sure I’m ready for YouTube so daunting. Look forward to watching you though Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box April and MayMy Profile

3. July 3, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Oh my gosh, I can so relate. When I did my first ever YT video (which no longer exists, I made sure of that) I was told I sound like a professor. Which I took to be a bad thing. I’ve always hated my voice; I’m sure I sound like a man. I have since braved a couple of YT videos, but I do minimal editing and listening back before posting it. I don’t think I’d ever post a video if I did a lot of editing or listening back! Good for you on doing it though. Feel the fear and do it anyway, I think they say! Good luck 🙂 x
    Aimee recently posted…Life in June!My Profile

4. July 3, 2016 / 10:06 pm

I hate the sound of my voice too and that’s the reason why I still haven’t started filming proper vlogs but I’m trying to change that. And yaaay for coming back to youtube, that’s such a great news, looking forward to seeing your videos! xx
    Matea recently posted…New video + June posts roundupMy Profile

5. July 4, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Good on you for restarting YouTube again! And I watched the first vlog and you sound perfectly fine you silly goose! And you are definitely not upside down in the camera. LMAO! That’s a gorgeous dress, Corinne and you should wear it more after. Looks like a brilliant event.
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…My Skin But Better with CoverGirl TruBlend FoundationMy Profile

6. July 5, 2016 / 2:40 pm

I tried YouTube. It wasn’t too bad, but I consistently ran out of ideas. And now I just have no time for it. I barely have time to blog. But I’m wishing you well with yours 🙂
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…June Ipsy Glam Bag ReviewMy Profile

7. August 28, 2016 / 5:26 pm

I am so glad that you decided to restart your YouTube channel. I enjoy reading your post a great deal and from what I have seen so far your vlogs are definitely something I can see myself watching for a very long time. I guess vlogging takes time to get used to. I do admire your courage to put your stuff up there and most of all keep it there, I only ever filmed one video and deleted it soon after so from personal experience I do know how dating it can be in the beginning. Best of luck and I look froward to watching more of your content!
    Cafebiblioart recently posted…The Catch, a new show by Shonda RhimesMy Profile