Posted on July 19, 2016

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

food/ lifestyle

polo lounge westbury hotel

What on earth is a girl like me doing in a place like this?

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel is in Mayfair. And as Hayley pointed out – Mayfair is on the purple, most expensive bit on the Monopoly board. We’re better suited to the brown bit. Okay, maybe not that cheap, but we’re typical Yorkshire lasses and sipping on cocktails in 5-star hotels in Mayfair is definitely not something we do on the regular.

Not that I minded, at all.

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

With cocktails costing between £15-20 a pop, and a £35k 6ltr bottle of champagne on the menu, we might have been a bit out of our league. I think punching is the term the kids use nowadays.

Upon arriving, we were given a selection of nuts, olives and asked what cocktail we would like. The waiter was fab at looking after us and recommended cocktails based on our tastes. As soon as they were made, he asked us if we wanted to try some things from the menu.

We had vegetarian spring rolls and Broad Bean and Fontina – which I’m like ‘oh aye love, it’s a cheese and pea tart‘ but actually they’re much more sophisticated. They’re ash flavoured tartlets filled with broad beans, peas, Fontina cheese and mint. Oh-er.

The vegetarian spring rolls were amazing – I wasn’t as fond of the other snack, but that’s because I’m not a massive pea fan.

The cocktails I had were the Delightful and the Pearl Gem.

Although this place isn’t somewhere I would typically go – but it would be great for a very special occasion. Like boys – specifically, my future husband, if you exist, if you’re about to propose to your lady – then take her here. Of if you’re done in London for a show or some sort of celebration – it would be so nice to treat someone for a drink or two of luxury at this stunning place.

You can see the full menu here.

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Polo Lounge at Westbury Hotel

Untitled3 copy

• Reply Darina July 19, 2016 at 10:27 am

The place and the food looks wonderful!
    Darina recently posted…Weekend Notes 3My Profile

• Reply Anca July 19, 2016 at 11:34 am

The tarts sound lovely and the cocktails. What can I say about the location… amazing!! x
    Anca recently posted…How to prepare a fancy Afternoon tea at homeMy Profile

• Reply Jenny July 19, 2016 at 8:21 pm

This sounds like a great place for a special occasion 🙂

• Reply Liakada July 19, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Aah I like this bar! Such a relaxed place to have drink and chat.

Liakada
    Liakada recently posted…Centre Court AnticsMy Profile

• Reply Kezzie July 19, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Mmmm…sounds tasty!
    xx
    Kezzie recently posted…Glitter box!My Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves July 20, 2016 at 12:40 am

Those are some pricey cocktails! But what a lovely atmosphere!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Good Earth Beauty Lip Scrub Set GiveawayMy Profile

• Reply Sarah July 20, 2016 at 8:08 am

Hey there fancy pants! These cocktails look amazing, and certainly a treat! I think they’d hear one word out my mouth and send me right back out the door haha! This place looks stunning though and the veggie spring rolls sound right up my street! I guess I’d have to put my phone voice on and hope for the best!

Sarah recently posted…*Juicing vs Blending with PanasonicMy Profile

• Reply Lucy July 20, 2016 at 8:26 am

Mayfair have some great restaurants, the polo lounge looks like it has some lovely cocktails. As you say perfect for a lovely night out Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…How to overhaul your makeupMy Profile

• Reply Arianne July 21, 2016 at 4:23 am

Have I mentioned how much I love hotels? They’re like a nice little piece of luxury down the street 🙂
    Arianne recently posted…Ulta’s Summer SaleMy Profile