Homely shelves

5 things (52)

I’ve been in my flat for a couple of weeks now and I still have some things to sort out.

I can’t believe I’ve moved from having a room in a house share to a two bedroomed flat on my own and I have this much stuff! People kept telling me that I’d feel like the flat was empty as I’m not used to having a whole place to myself.

They couldn’t be any more wrong. I still have boxes to unpack with nowhere to put it! I have no idea where I put most of my stuff before I moved.

That aside, I wanted to start sharing parts of my flat that I love. First up is these little shelves in the living room.

I’ve filled them with things I’ve collected over the years. A lot of them were bought for the purpose of blog photos but I’ve never actually used them for blog photos!

I hope you like them as much as I do!

shelf desplays shelf ideas for living room shelf ideas for living room shelf ideas for living room shelf ideas for living room shelf ideas for living room

Untitled3 copy

1. July 31, 2016 / 10:13 am

You’ve got some really lovely things there. I hope it’s starting to feel like home for you. I find when I move the first couple of weeks it almost feels like I’m staying in a hotel.

2. July 31, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Yay I’m looking forward to more interiors posts from you! Stuff definitely expands as your space expands, I’ve always wondered each time I’ve moved how I fitted all my stuff in the last place! I love decorating shelves, your trinkets are so cute :0
    Amy xx
    Amy recently posted…Style Inspiration | 90sMy Profile

3. August 1, 2016 / 2:56 am

You must be having so much fun decorating your new flat! I love getting a peek other people’s shelves as it provides a glimpse into what they collect as well as a little insight into their personality. The cups are adorable!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Eye Candy : Han Hyo Joo for InStyleMy Profile

4. August 1, 2016 / 12:31 pm

I want to get shelves on the walls but we are not allowed to drill any holes so it is really annoying! I will give it a try again, maybe they will change their mind 🙂 Love your decorations, especially the gold giraffes x
    Ela recently posted…Vichy Dermablend – Achieve Flawless SkinMy Profile

5. August 4, 2016 / 11:19 am

Cute shelves. I love them! Especially the Dalek. It’s lovely making your house all homely with little bits and bobs.
    Aimee recently posted…Life in July//August GoalsMy Profile

6. August 5, 2016 / 10:57 pm

Buying things to decorate a new home is definitely good fun. You look like you have got some lovely things, especially love that doctor who has found its rightful place Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…How to overhaul your makeupMy Profile