Corinstagram June // Last Month of my 20’s

corinstagram

This month. THIS MONTH. What an emotional rollercoaster.

In my May monthly update, I said that I was looking for somewhere to live on my own.

Well, after having my heart broken so many times over being unable to get a place, today I paid a deposit for a 2 bedroomed flat. I have just signed the agreement and applied for it, so hopefully they’ll process it and do all the checks to make sure I work where I say I work and live where I say I live etc then it’s mine!

Hopefully by the next time I write one of these updates, I have the keys! It’s kind of happened quicker than I thought – to cut a long story short, the landlord wanted someone sooner. We’ve agreed a cheaper rent so I’m able to do this just because of paying rent for the house I’m in now. I have no idea when I’ll actually move in because I have a lot of stuff going on in work and had planned on taking a couple of days off mid August to do this. But it’s likely I’ll be between the 2 for a bit – which I’m going to use to my advantage by having time to set up the new house and make sure I don’t take anything I don’t want.

The general trend is to pack everything, even junk, then unpack it and put the junk I don’t use under the bed or in the corner. This time I want to get rid of anything like that.

Home is where the Internet is, so when I get the Internet moved, that’s when I’ll say we’re Facebook official.

OHHHHH I’m so excited.

I think I’m going to have the smaller bedroom as my room – with a bed and wardrobe in keeping the place pretty clear, and the second bigger bedroom as an office space and dressing room – this has a wardrobe in it, too.

Okay, enough house talk. I am 30 tomorrow. A grown up. I’m scared. But have a lot planned!

Last month was pretty fun. I went to the Moet event, when to a vegan food festival and kicked ass at the gym!

I’m starting to see some real muscle definition so I’m excited to see how my body will change over the next few months. So, yeah, SCREW ALL THE HATERS WHO SAID I COULDNT.

Um, okay, I don’t actually have any haters that I’m aware off but it seemed relevant.

That’s another thing I’m excited about in the new flat – a bigger kitchen space so I can prep food better and have more of the staples in. I buy food a few days in advance at the moment because we have hardly any space at all!

It also looks like I’ll be going to Australia for a month or so in 2017. Need to sort out the logistics. For those that don’t know, I have a brother who moved out there 11 years ago with is family and I’ve not seen them since!

Ok I need to go because I have a million and 1 things to do! Sooo much going on!

Follow me on Instagram please 😀

6 5 3 2 1

Untitled3 copy

1. July 1, 2016 / 11:50 am

Thats a lot happening! I cannot believe you have a room for blogging – thats fantastic. You might know the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere – she has really great tips on managing work from home and how to do up your home office etc. Just thought you might find it useful.

I was going to Australia 2 years back but it fell out – fantasic coffee and some great clothing brands you dont get in Europe is what I have heard! I am jealous! And congratulations!
    Fashion and Frappes recently posted…Beach Essentials for MenMy Profile

2. July 1, 2016 / 12:38 pm

Good to hear that you finally found a place and hopefully all this paperwork will be sorted out soon so you can get the keys. Nothing changes once you hit 30, I did 6 months ago and sometimes I still feel like a little kid ha ha 🙂 Once month Australia sounds amazing, it is one of the places I want to visit so bad, I even thought about moving there after finishing the uni but didn’t happen. x
    Ela recently posted…June Favourites 2016My Profile

3. candice
    July 1, 2016 / 2:33 pm

Oh my you turning 30?? I hope you have an amazing birthday!

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

4. July 1, 2016 / 4:00 pm

I’m so happy for you! You were talking about a flat for a while and now you have it. That’s great. A month in Australia with your brother is amazing too. xx
    Anca recently posted…365 Project – JuneMy Profile

5. July 2, 2016 / 1:37 am

Happy to hear you found a place! I know how stressful it is (we have to move again by September wah) so I hope it all runs perfectly smooth for you!
    You’re progress is so good I really need to get off my butt and become fit but till I can be bothered I’ll happily watch you from the sidelines haha! You’re coming to Australia??? I leave Australia for Europe in April so if you come before then… HAVE TO SHOW YOU AROUND haha 😀

Rai | utterardour.blogspot.com
    Rai recently posted…A disappearing act | RaiRamblesMy Profile

6. July 2, 2016 / 2:46 am

How exciting! A new flat and turning 30! Hope you have a wonderful birthday 🙂

7. July 2, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Brilliant that you have found somewhere I will keep my fingers crossed for it going through. You have had a manic month Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box April and MayMy Profile

8. July 3, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Woo! How exciting. I’m so pleased for you. It’s great that you’ll have time to move things over slowly and get the place how you want it too. Moving is so stressful – if you can take any of the pressure off in that way do! Good luck with it 🙂 x
    Aimee recently posted…Life in June!My Profile

9. July 10, 2016 / 9:20 am

Looking good Corinne! I’m so pleased things are working out for you re: a place to live too. Look forward to seeing pictures of it