How to brighten up our British summer.

summer

First of all, HELLO I’M 30 TODAY. Doom.

Secondly, ugh summer. Don’t even.

This has to be one of the worst summers we’ve had. It’s rained every day apart from about 2 days? Where is my sunshine!!!!

I love summer. It’s the best. Soon it’s going to be doomy autumn, which is the worst season (I know I’m the only person who feels like this) and now summer seems to be mimicking it. I don’t want two autumns. NO.

All of my summer dresses are just that. Summery, bright, no sleeves.. but I hardly get to wear them. I don’t want to wear dull colours at this time of year, so I’ve come up with a wish list of bright items that are British Summer friendly!

summer

The poncho and bag is from Dunedin Cashmere. HELLO TARTAN. My favourite. These colours are so lovely, too. Similar to the whole list really, can you see a theme? Ha.

The poncho is also perfect for throwing on when those clouds come to ruin the summer, or the rain decides to pay a visit!

I picked this floral skirt from HoF because you’re still able to wear either strappy top if it’s hot, or something a bit warmer if not. I picked a scarf for the colder evenings, or afternoons – the mornings seem to start off so bright, then by 3pm it seems to rain!

Then the boots to keep your feet dry when the sky opens up.

What summery items to you own that are suitable for our ever changing seasons?

Untitled3 copy

Collab post

1. July 2, 2016 / 9:20 am

Here in Belgium is kind of the same, autumn forever I think 🙁 I love the selection you did, specially the boots and poncho. Great work Corinne, thanks for sharing!

Osiarah xx

2. July 2, 2016 / 9:45 am

I love everything here. I’m all about bright colours and patterns.
    Imogen recently posted…OutfitMy Profile

3. July 2, 2016 / 2:42 pm

I tend to wear a lot of bright, floral dresses so I pair them with pastels and light bright colours and accessories for a summery feel and dark, dull colours to tone down the florals down when it’s not so summery, which is most of the time it seems.

Grace
    x
    Grace recently posted…Birthday GiveawayMy Profile

4. July 2, 2016 / 7:26 pm

Happy Birthday!

Just where is our summer? I’m still wearing hoodies and we’re into July now.
    Nikki-ann recently posted…Water: Infused!My Profile

5. July 2, 2016 / 8:03 pm

I live in scotland, where it rains and is windy all the time. So my whole wardrobe does both. Just wear trainers all the time, and always always bring a coat to carry around, cause the one time you don’t take one,… it will rain. ALWAYS!

Erin || MakeErinOver
    Erin recently posted…Let’s Talk: Trusting Media InfluencersMy Profile

6. July 2, 2016 / 8:39 pm

A big happy birthday my lovely I hope that you have had a lovely day and been spoilt rotten. This weather is pants but I love what you have picked out Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box April and MayMy Profile

7. July 2, 2016 / 11:55 pm

Ha welcome to the thirties club. Hope your hangover isn’t too bad? I hate autumn, it’s bloody miserable, although I like toffee apples! I also love the poncho, great choice! X

8. July 3, 2016 / 7:35 pm

Happy belated birthday! This so-called Summer is rubbish at the moment. But there’s some good news – it’s meant to be mostly dry and sunny all this week. Yay! 🙂 x
    Aimee recently posted…Life in June!My Profile

9. July 4, 2016 / 10:54 am

Yaay happy birthday, hope you’ve had a great celebration! If I could, I would gladly send over to you some sunshine from Croatia because it’s bloody too hot in here and I’m really crazy about it. But on the other hand, I’m really trying to enjoy it because I also dislike autumn and don’t even get me started on winter…
    Matea recently posted…New video + June posts roundupMy Profile

10. July 4, 2016 / 4:18 pm

The poncho looks lovely, I’m a fan of tartan too.
    Anca recently posted…Color runMy Profile