Posted on April 28, 2016

Why am I doing this to myself? // Luxury Hotels

lifestyle

luxury hotels

I follow way to many bloggers that often stay in luxury hotels. You know who you are.

They’ve got me wanting to have my own luxury stay. I’ve been browsing Great Little Breaks to look at some hotels that offer 1 or 2 night stays. What I found is loads of stunning buildings, beautiful grounds and quaint bars and restaurants.

You can tell I’m approaching 30 when I’m looking at places like this to stay, rather than cheap hostels in Amsterdam. Ha.

After looking at these hotels around the country for an hour or so, I narrowed it down to three that I’d love to spend a night or two! If anyone wants to treat me to a weekend away, then Tweet me 😉

Chatsworth Escape in Sheffield Chatsworth Escape in Sheffield Chatsworth Escape in Sheffield

Believe it or not, this is a Holiday Inn! Chatsworth Escape in Sheffield is where Pride and Prejudice was filmed. AND THERE’S A MAZE. It starts from £105 for 2 nights per person.

Burghley House Heritage Retreat in Northamptonshire Burghley House Heritage Retreat in Northamptonshire

Burghley House Heritage Retreat in Northamptonshire looks pretty epic. Only 2 miles away from the amazing looking 16th century tutor house, Burghley castle.

The Talbot Inn The Talbot Inn The Talbot Inn

Surrey might be bit too far for me, but The Talbot Inn looks so welcoming with it’s open fires, cosy bars and real ales.

Okay, I’m just going to stop right there. Now I’m craving a hotel stay! If anyone has any recommendations for anywhere near the Yorkshire area, do let me know. It’s my birthday soon, you know.

• Reply kate sullivan April 28, 2016 at 7:17 am

No way is that a Holiday Inn!! I’ve stayed in less impressive hotels for more, eugh! I live in Surrey so may have to check out the Talbot. Me and my partner always treat each other to a fancy hotel for out birthdays, and usually we go into London, but the Talbot looks beautiful!
    kate sullivan recently posted…Illamasqua ReviewMy Profile

• Reply jess April 28, 2016 at 9:43 am

wow this is such a luxury hotel!! if i have a change to go Inn i should check it out! x

jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com
    jess recently posted…Snacks in April | ChipsMy Profile

• Reply Darina April 28, 2016 at 10:44 am

Looks wonderful! I love to browse through luxury hotels and to dream…..:)
    Darina recently posted…I am Back! With a New Look!My Profile

• Reply Anca April 28, 2016 at 10:46 am

Aww, they look amazing. I would love to spend a weekend in a location like these.
    Anca recently posted…#WIAW – CarbsMy Profile

• Reply Matea April 28, 2016 at 11:05 am

They look beyond amazing…maybe I should start playing the lottery again?
    Matea recently posted…How to write a blog you’ll loveMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison April 28, 2016 at 11:11 am

This place is amazing looks like a castle fit for a queen.
    Jackie Harrison recently posted…APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERSMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt April 28, 2016 at 3:10 pm

The fanciest hotel stayed in was in Hilton Kuala Lumpur, don’t think I could afford anything else. LOL!
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Mirror Mirror on My Wall, Which Drugstore Mascara Is The Fairest Of Them All?My Profile

• Reply Erin (@MakeErinOver) April 28, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I vote you come to Scotland and come to Stobo Castle, beautiful location and a Spa! Plus they have an offer on atm for £99, I was there earlier this month and LOVED IT!

Erin (@MakeErinOver) recently posted…Lipstick of the Month: MAC Honey LoveMy Profile

• Reply Kezzie April 28, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Those places are seriously gorgeous!!! Not surprised you love them!
    Kezzie recently posted…An unusual pairing of non-typical clothesMy Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves April 29, 2016 at 12:49 am

A luxury hotel getaway sounds like the perfect way to spoil yourself for your birthday! I’ve been thinking about doing one for a staycation.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…10 Reasons I Love Descendants Of The SunMy Profile

• Reply Mica April 29, 2016 at 4:46 am

That is the fancies Holiday Inn I’ve ever seen! Wow!

If your birthday is coming up I think a weekend away in a posh hotel would be a great treat! Do it! 😀
    Mica recently posted…Monthly Purchases: AprilMy Profile

• Reply Lucy May 1, 2016 at 5:42 am

Some great choices. Who would have thought that the first was a holiday inn! The grounds are amazing and the property looks beautiful. It’s good to have a lust list and start ticking it off Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Barbecoa restaurantMy Profile

• Reply Bee May 2, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I want to go away for the weekend now. The Sheffield one for £105 for 2 nights is a really good deal!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

• Reply Northern Crumble (@NorthernCrumble) May 4, 2016 at 3:33 am

Wow, I can’t believe that’s a Holiday Inn, you’d of never thought it! Love this idea, although I’d end up with far too many luxury hotels i want to stay in
    Northern Crumble (@NorthernCrumble) recently posted…Man Flu Survival KitMy Profile

• Reply Kel May 4, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Wow, you weren’t kidding when you said ‘luxury’! Those are some pretty swanky hotels!
    I’m more of a Travelodge kinda girl myself, but that’s more due to necessary budget restrictions than a deep affection for the brand! :p
    Kel recently posted…#Jet2Sunchester – An adventure with cakeMy Profile