Summer Break Style

summerbreak

Have I mentioned that I’m almost 30?

Oh, only about thirty seven times? That’s not enough. I’m almost 30. HALP. Not like I’m over here having a full on midlife crisis about it or anything.

I’m hoping to get away for a few days near my birthday. A city break, most likely. Details are still unclear but it’s in the works.

I’m in desperate need of a holiday. With holidays, comes shopping. Because the 100’s of dresses I already own are just not enough.

I took myself to JD Williams in search of holiday clothes. Well, when I say took myself, what I really mean is – I sat at my computer and opened Google Chrome. It is 2016. Why shop in real life when you can shop online? Especially on this wintery April morning. Brr.

So, right, where were we? Yes, we were getting on the Internet, my favourite place in the world. I went straight to the summer dress section, then the sandal section to see what summery goodies I could find.

Of course I went to my usual destinations, ASOS and House of Fraser to see what they have to offer.

Here’s what I picked out for my ideal few days aways:

dress

What I love about these dresses and shoes are that they can be dressed up or down – it’s my best tip for packing for a holiday. You can get away with just packing hand luggage pretty easily. How you do you hair and makeup and really change the feel of a dress and make it either casual or dressed up.

You can also beat the weather this way, too – there’s no need to pack heavy jeans, just pack tights or even leggings to put on under the dresses – as well as a simple cardigan or jacket to keep you warm on the evenings or if the weather is cold.

If anyone is wondering what to get me for my birthday, any of the above will do 😉

What outfits do you take for short breaks?

This is a collaborative post. All views are my own.

1. April 30, 2016 / 9:33 am

Absolutely love the midi dress, swim suit and black and red dress! Excellent choices 🙂 even though you could wear them with tights or leggings I really wish the weather would hurry up and be warm again!

2. April 30, 2016 / 9:40 am

I love the dresses, they all look pretty. Don’t worry, the age is not that important. xx
    Anca recently posted…30 Days Push Up ChallengeMy Profile

3. April 30, 2016 / 9:49 am

those outfits are absolutely stunning! x
    i love to wear long dress with high heel

jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com
    jess recently posted…Amazing Bread | Mita FancyMy Profile

4. April 30, 2016 / 10:01 am

Aw these will all look so pretty on you! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk
    Cara recently posted…The Craft.My Profile

5. April 30, 2016 / 11:30 am

I feel like the print skater dress is so you!
    I can’t wait for summer. It is hot already. We had major weather changes during this month, but the end of April is so hot it is Summer already! I am thinking of all the skirts I bought and I want to wear in summer! I wear scrub suits all week all year!

6. April 30, 2016 / 11:33 am

Omg the pink is stunning love the selection and yes you almost thirty soon you will celebrate. Have a great weekend.
    Jackie Harrison recently posted…ROASTED CARROTS SOUPMy Profile

7. April 30, 2016 / 12:08 pm

And right before I opened this post I had to change from light t-shirt to a fluffy sweater because it’s so cold in here…and now just look at all of those pretty summer dresses, especially the pink one and the swimsuit – makes me wonder when will I be able to finally wear summery clothes, I miss them sooo much it’s killing me 🙂 Enjoy the weekend!
    Matea recently posted…BY THE SEA – NEW ‘ONE MINUTE DIARY VIDEO’My Profile

8. May 1, 2016 / 2:42 am

I’m loving those floral dresses!

9. May 1, 2016 / 5:12 am

The thought of turning thirty is much worse than the reality I promise. But I’m all for celebrating in style and having a holiday to celebrate sounds like a wonderful plan. I love the dresses Lucyx
    Lucy recently posted…Barbecoa restaurantMy Profile