Posted on April 11, 2016

#socialbloggers 101 // How do you get traffic?

#socialbloggers

blogtraffic

TRAFFIC. My favourite thing. I’m not even going to lie and pretend I don’t care about my stats. Because I do I do.

I do go through phases where I care a bit less than other times. But I always care. For me, an increase in traffic shows me that people are liking what I put out there. I am the type of person that needs a lot of affirmation that I’m doing well in something, and for someone to retweet something, read something, share something, comment on something is a way I get that.

I’ve wrote a few statistic reports if you want to see where my main sources of traffic comes from:

I also talk in those posts about what has worked well for me and what hasn’t that particular month.

What inspired my idea for this chat topic was that I’ve recently had a bit of good luck. It’s a blessing in the form of Stumble Upon. I’ve had my post about Google Analytics BasicsΒ get picked up and do really well one Stumble. I have no idea how this happened because I’ve tried to use stumble in a variety of ways before to increase traffic, but it never worked so I gave up. I guess a few people stumbled it and it gave it a boost. It’s given around 1500 referrals over the last 7 days! I’ve been trying to see if I can get some of my other posts to do as well on there, but it doesn’t seem to be working!

So onto the chat, I’ve noticed a few people say they get the most of their pageviews from platforms I struggle to get views from, such as Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram. So basically everyone of the social media sites apart from Twitter, ha. This seems to ring true to a lot of people though, not just me. So those of you that do get views from other sites, please do let us know what you do to get some views?

blog traffic

Q1: What are your main source of page views?

Q2: Do you get many views from search engines?

Q3: What do you do to get more traffic?

Q4: How have you tried to increase traffic before that hasn’t worked?

Q5: Do you have a goal for how many page views you want a month?

• Reply kate April 11, 2016 at 8:43 am

Your always such a massive help Corinne, You are one of my fave blogs! I must get working on my CEO if Google images seem to work for people.
    Thanking you lots x
    kate recently posted…How to wing like a proMy Profile

• Reply LindaLibraLoca April 11, 2016 at 10:12 am

I have the same problem with Stumbleupon, no matter what I do I rarely get any views from there.
    LindaLibraLoca recently posted…The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in β€žLighteningβ€œ and some 80s referenceMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison April 11, 2016 at 11:14 am

I get view from Twitter and IG once in a blue moon from Pinterest the reason for that the viewers do not have google and is convenient for them to see they do not always leave a comment they send me an email instead with questions about product.
    Jackie Harrison recently posted…THE BODY SHOP NEW OILS OF LIFE INTENSELY REVITALISING SLEEPING CREAMMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt April 11, 2016 at 5:33 pm

There are plenty of bloggers who post about blogging tips & tricks but I swear yours are one of the best if not the best that I have ever read. Very insightful and informative as always. I think my way is by commenting on other blogs and leaving my link. Instagram and Twitter also helps.
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…BRAND SPOTLIGHT: blinc CosmeticsMy Profile

• Reply Jess April 11, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Such an interesting read! I used to get a majority of my traffic from Pinterest but it’s really dropped off since they changed the algorithm and I haven’t got it figured out again yet πŸ™

Jess xo
    Jess recently posted…My Most-Used Apps | An Android EditionMy Profile

• Reply Kezzie April 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm

This was interesting! My main one is comments. Don’t do much else!!! Interesting to hear about page views too! I’m never sure what is an average number of page views. I chose to hide my blog from Google search engines because of school (it being my name on the url) but I get around about 7000 page views per month now without google, so not SO bad, I guess!
    Kezzie recently posted…The Buyer’s Archive March 2016My Profile

• Reply Akaleistar April 12, 2016 at 1:37 am

Such a good topic! Twitter and StumbleUpon are my main sources of traffic πŸ™‚

• Reply Tania Michele April 12, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I still don’t get how I’m getting between 5-20 instagram referrals a day, but other than twitter it is the only other place I promote my blog as facebook and pinterest seem to be dead ends!! Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk
    Tania Michele recently posted…Awesome Advertisers | April 2016My Profile

• Reply Anca April 14, 2016 at 11:27 am

It was interesting to read about google and the traffic through search engines.
    Anca recently posted…10 Good thingsMy Profile

• Reply Tricia April 20, 2016 at 11:42 am

For the longest time my blog was sort of just kept to myself and now that I want to share it to the world, I’m struggling so much! Literally dont know where to start and how to get my blog out there πŸ™