Posted on April 2, 2016

Rainbows and Unicorns at #LeedsMarchMeet

lifestyle

DSC_0739

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of going to a blogger event organised by one of my good friends, Carrie-Anne. It had a rainbow and unicorn theme and she did such a great job at organising it all and getting everything together! I arrived a bit earlier to help her set up. It was held in a really homely bar in Leeds. Brick walls, old sofas and wooden tables complete the candles.

Carrie-Anne also had an amazing idea to get people to bring donations for her to take The Welcome Centre in Huddersfield instead of having an entry fee. The Welcome Centre accepts food donations as well as things such as toiletries, bedding and kitchen equipment which it then passes on to families are who in crisis. It’s a great way to help support local people who are struggling feed their children, or buy every day essentials like toothpaste and shower gel. Carrie-Anne use all the money raised from the raffle to buy more supplies and on her 30th birthday, she took the donations to the centre.

The event was lovely, we got treated to many sweet treats, I got to see some of my best blogging friends and meet some new ones and even though I didn’t win the raffle, I was happy to hear that the money I spent on tickets went towards The Welcome Centre! The goody bag was pretty great, too 🙂

IMG_0829 IMG_0830 IMG_0831deeporl bae

DSC_0740

DSC_0743 DSC_0744 DSC_0745 DSC_0748 DSC_0750 DSC_0751

• Reply Jessica Cantoni April 2, 2016 at 7:33 am

What a great idea to have a get together whilst helping a worthy cause 🙂 looks like you had fun!
    X
    Jessica Cantoni recently posted…Bahrain Travel Diary Days 1, 2 & 3My Profile

• Reply kezzie April 2, 2016 at 11:14 am

What a very nice idea! How cool that she organised something like that for a good cause too!
    kezzie recently posted…The truth about me and small handbags.My Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison April 2, 2016 at 12:29 pm

This is such a cool concept and you guys look adorable.
    Jackie Harrison recently posted…RYE PUMPERNICKEL FRENCH TOASTMy Profile

• Reply sam April 2, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Loving the event theme! Donations was a great idea, great to see that the event continued to spread happiness. The goody bag looks amazing. =^-^=

Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

• Reply Sam Smethurst April 2, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Such a lovely idea and for such a good cause – it looks like it was a brilliant day!

Sammy xo.

• Reply Meme April 2, 2016 at 8:16 pm

This looked like such a great meet up, I can’t wait to go to my first one!

Meme xx

New Post:
    Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks Book Review

• Reply Aimee April 2, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Wow this looks awesome; a rainbow and unicorns theme?! I love that donations etc went to helping The Welcome Centre , that’s so great. X http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk X
    Aimee recently posted…Life: March Update!My Profile

• Reply Akaleistar April 3, 2016 at 3:22 am

What a fun way to party and support a good cause!

• Reply Ela April 3, 2016 at 8:03 am

It’s a really thoughtful that the donation went to the welcome centre! Unicorn themed meeting sounds like fun. x
    Ela recently posted…Glossy Lips with Smashbox Be Legendary Lip GlossMy Profile

• Reply Amy April 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

That’s a fantastic goodie bag, very generous. I didn’t realise CarrieAnne was doing all that for the centre, that’s so lovely, i’m gutted I couldn’t make it! x

• Reply Sarah April 4, 2016 at 7:57 am

I’m still so gutted I couldn’t be there and smush your face! It’s been FAR too long! Sounded like such a fun day and the goodie bags look amazing! Carrie did such an awesome job and not only putting the event together but collecting such a huge amount of goods and donations for the shelter and food bank! So proud of her!

Sarah recently posted…Currently Watching #3My Profile

• Reply Carrieanne April 7, 2016 at 9:29 pm

You was such a big help. I wouldn’t have been ready without you. These comments make me a little teary too. Will definetly help them again they were so grateful for all the donations don’t think they ever have people donate that much sanitary products and hygiene products. The raffle money meant we could get the more expensive items like the pies and sanitary products. You all amazed me! X
    Carrieanne recently posted…#LeedsMarchMeet The Donations – The Welcome CentreMy Profile

• Reply Lucy April 8, 2016 at 10:52 pm

What a great event and sounds like you had fun Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Barbecoa restaurantMy Profile