Posted on February 27, 2016

Vintage Dresses

style

P2260396

I’ve become a bit more obsessed with YouTube a lot lately and I’ve been loving one channel, WatchCut Video. The channel has some great videos – I love their One Word series which shows a word and gets people to describe it.

Some of them are quite moving, like people with eating disorders describing the word fat or recovery, or a transgender person describing words like vagina or a man describing what the word father means to them.

As well as those uploads, they often do a feature on beauty and style on through the ages, such as this video below, which shows men and womens hairstyles from the 1910’s to now.

These videos made me feel all vintagy, so I then when on the hunt for a bit of vintage fashion when I came across Vivien of Holloway. This site features fashion inspired from the 40’s and 50’s and in typical Corinne style, I went straight to the dress section and started to get screen shot happy.

There’s so many fab dresses on there, here are some of my favourites:

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 17.19.10

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 17.21.27

Are you a fan of vintage fashion?

• Reply Kylie Rodriguez February 27, 2016 at 8:38 am

Loving these beautiful vintage dresses! I looooove vintage styles <3

Kylie Rodriguez recently posted…OOTD: “He Couldn’t Put Out The Fire From My Heartbeat”My Profile

• Reply Alexandra February 27, 2016 at 9:20 am

I love this channel the videos are great !
    Alexandra

• Reply Anca February 27, 2016 at 9:51 am

I do like the style, but I don’t think it’s not me. 🙂
    Anca recently posted…Windy Arbour FarmMy Profile

• Reply Kariss Ainsworth February 27, 2016 at 6:12 pm

In short, yes! I’m all about VIV too, I’d love more of their stuff
    Kariss Ainsworth recently posted…A Totally Honest OOTDMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison February 27, 2016 at 7:02 pm

This style is so chic and retro love it.
    Jackie Harrison recently posted…TURKEY CHILI WITH CAN CHILI BEANSMy Profile

• Reply Akaleistar February 27, 2016 at 7:35 pm

The hair video is fabulous! Also, I love vintage dresses, too! I have a few patterns for vintage style sundresses that I want to make this summer 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…Inspired by Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesMy Profile

• Reply Oksana Zolotukhina February 27, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Amazing dresses! such a lovely and inspiring post, Corinne!

Oksana Zolotukhina recently posted…Отзыв: Мои покупки в феврале и анонс тестируемых средств.My Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt February 27, 2016 at 9:33 pm

I have seen quite a few vintage bloggers and they look absolutely amazing, not sure if I can pull it off though…
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Let Me Get My Claws Out: Beauty Fails in MalaysiaMy Profile

• Reply Sarah February 27, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I love vintage style dresses. You should check out Lindy Bop too, they’re based in Manchester I think and their vintage style is just gorgeous! I know I couldn’t pull off some of the lower cuts of these dresses but there’s a few with a more skater style bodice that I really have my eye on, they’re just so much fun!

Sarah recently posted…iMusic PillowMy Profile

• Reply Mica February 28, 2016 at 4:38 am

I love vintage fashion – you picked some really nice dresses! I’ve bought a few vintage pieces in opshops but found it tricky making them work for me without feeling too ‘costumey’ so I only have a handful of vintage items in my wardrobe now. one of which is this beautiful two piece set. Worn together it looks like a dress, but the pieces work well separately too. It sticks around despite multiple wardrobe clearouts!
    Mica recently posted…Maternity Tops and Striped Maxi Skirts: Third Trimester SAHM StyleMy Profile

• Reply Ella Pinto February 28, 2016 at 9:42 am

Personally, I’m not one to wear alot of vintage dresses as it’s more the kind of thing that I love seeing on other people. I think it’s brilliant, just not my style. I’d honestly love to see you in all of them. I think you’d look absolutely beautiful.

And I’ve never heard of this youtube, but I’ll definitely check them out. I’m a bit scared it’s gonna make me cry (in a good way).

Ella x
    Ella Pinto recently posted…18 Things I wish I knew before I started bloggingMy Profile

• Reply Darina February 28, 2016 at 11:30 am

Beautiful! I like vintage style very much! Very inspiring!
    Darina recently posted…On Instagram in FebruaryMy Profile

• Reply Kezzie February 29, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Their dresses are great! I own two and you can feel the quality- one was one of my wedding dresses!!x
    Kezzie recently posted…Navy talesMy Profile